Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Our Sweetface
Today was Ava's 9 month check up at the doctors and as I sat waiting for our turn I realized I've been a mother for 9 whole months! I know, I know- rocket science, right? Well, it scared me a little bit since it hit me hard and square in the gut that Ava's gracefully leaving baby-hood and speed-crawling into kid-dom. Let's be honest here, I won't miss some of the "joys" of the infant days (inconsolable crying, trying to get a tiny shirt hole over a large and floppy noggin, etc...) but here's what I will miss: knowing that she's gonna be just fine if we lay her on the bed for a minute, itty bitty diapers that I could stomach- sort of, baby socks- the smaller the cuter, her hand reflexively clutching mine with superior strength, when she slept on her back and her arms flailed out to both sides- it's like she knows how safe she is, not a care in the world. But there are so many more things that I, as her mom, can't hardly wait for as Sweetface grows up. There's not a day that goes by without me thinking, "She's got spunk and sass". I could go on and on about all the exciting and new tricks Ava's zipping through, but I'll spare the public and just say it-- I am one proud mama.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
now THIS is a blog- very cute colors and background. keep toying with stuff and you learn all kinds of cool tricks :) I *love* my little baby girl Ava!!!
Post a Comment