


About two weeks ago, Taylor and I decided it's high time to get professional photos taken of Ava- considering we've NEVER had them done. BAD IDEA. Ava was a complete angelbaby the whole day, waving hello to strangers, being very outgoing, silly and just plain cute. We make it to our JCPenny appointment about 10 minutes early and disaster strikes. One friendly "Hello" from our 17 foot-tall cameraman and Ava's a mess. She flails herself back on the floor, kicking and screaming. Every time we try to pick her back up, she arches her back, her legs go limp and she's the most unmanageable ragdoll I've ever seen!!!!! I wish I thought of taking out the video camera for this moment, for blackmail purposes of course. We got about 10 frames into the photo shoot, but they were all of Ava bawling- red-faced and angry, then T and I decided to call it quits. We'll try it again once she's a little older... like 15. Here's a couple of pictures we took that day. I bought a cute daisy shaped chocolate sucker that was wrapped in very cute cellophane and a ribbon for her to hold in the photos (in my head, this was going to turn out perfectly- sweet smiles, a flower, ribbon- shoot throw in a unicorn and we're golden!) So we caved in and gave Ava the sucker- and OH did her personality do a complete 180! After all of this, at the end of the day- we chalked it up to another experience that makes us realize that Ava's got a strong personality that we can't predict- and how much we love that about her.
10 comments:
You gotta love the strong willed kids. Kobe at his year pictures would not smile and he was crying. My advice is to wait until 18 months, Kobe did great and he loved seeing himself on the camera! I do love the sucker pictures though she sure knows the good stuff!!!
What a cutie, cutie, cutie! Aren't pictures SOOOO hard?!
At least you take cute snapshots--the pro ones will come...SOMEDAY! :)
17 footer huh? That's impressive! It does seem like it to them though when they are so small. There is a girl coming to take pictures of Avan this Thursday...we'll see
And she is so cute; can't wait to meet up with you!
I love the pictures. Who needs professional pictures when you've got these?
ok- that first picture almost makes me cry- she seriously looks scared or in pain or something- and I LOVE the 2nd and 3rd pics- especially the chocolate-drunken-stupor one! that sweet baby must take after her aunt--absolutely no shame :) loves..
Ok, it honestly took me a few minutes to collect myself enough to type this because I was laughing so hard and I think I woke up Chase too! That is so funny! Sounds very familiar to me. I think I'd be terrified of a 17 ft camera man too, so I'm with Ava on that! That last picture of Ava is the spitting image of me after I eat chocolate!
Gotta love being a mom! Just when you think you can predict them they go and prove that you really can't! Hopefully next try goes better! She is just too cute!
Hey--I just have to say a big thanks to you! You have been a commenting QUEEN on my blog lately...that means so much to me. I hope you know I don't expect or want someone to feel obligated--I onviously post more than the regular blogger bob...so, totally not expected. But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your posts! They are so funny and cute!
Wishing we had gotten together more before we moved...you are so fun!
I do the same thing when I'm in a bad mood. Give me chocolate, and I'm the happiest person in the world. Some things never change with age.
Post a Comment