Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kicking off the Summer



Yesterday we Wilson's celebrated our first official summer day-- I know, I know... You're thinking, "UM HELLO? It's been nice for a while AND then the rainy days come and THIS is the official "Kicking-Off-the-Summer Day"!? What??" Yes, we're crazy and spontaneous people like that- and we won't judge if you don't!

So... back to the Kick Off. Taylor, Ava and I went out for a "crazy and spontaneous" walk (good thing you're sitting down.. all the excitement might get one dizzy) and wandered over to the park where we were thrilled to see the Carousel and Splash Park going at full throttle. Despite the cloudy skies, the weather was NICE. Ava was so pumped up at the sight of the carousel that she made a total beeline to the gate and clung onto the bars (sort of like a lonely prisoner longing to get free). It was cute- but we decided that it might be even more HAIR RAISING to actually let her have her first ride!! She loved it (however, peeling her hands from around the bars on the gate to get on the ride was a screaming mess- she was so offended that we weren't letting her look at the horses anymore.
Then off the carousel.. and onto Splash Park. Since it looked pretty cloudy (and eventually it started to sprinkle on us for a minute) there weren't any other kids there which was perfect for us to introduce Ava to the park. She didn't have a swimsuit on, but we let her go nuts anyway since I brought an extra couple of blankets in the stroller in case of crazy weather... this proved to be a good idea since she just wanted to sit (in her jeans) and play in the puddles. I can't wait to see her in her bathing suit splashing around! woo hoo!


(This picture "Cracks" us up-- yeah, yeah.. not funny, I know)


And the Cherry on Top: on our way home, we (in a very "crazy and spontaneous" manner) took a detour to Frontier Pies and both got a slice of our very own... mmmmm, PUMPKIN for me and APPLE for T. Love it. Love it. LOVE IT!

13 comments:

Michelle said...

I love the butt crack shot! It is classic! That sounds like a fun day, when the weather actually is warm enough we need to take Ava and Kobe to to splash park together.

Erin said...

That last picture is toooooo cute!! CRACK KILLS!!!! but baby crack is cute!

Jacob S. Paulsen said...

Looks like a lot of fun

Rachel Holloway said...

Now THAT is a summer kickoff if I have ever seen one! HOORAY! I was so bummed we didn't get to play at the splash park when we were there!! Glad it's up and running and Rexburg's main attraction is close by!

Tiffany said...

Hey I want to go to the splash park too. Dyllon wasn't too excited about it last year but hopefully he will be this year. Isn't it funny how Ava was just content to look at the horses but thought you were going to take that away from her instead of taking her for a ride. Kids are hilarious.

Megan J. Dawson said...

There's nothing better than life with your little family! Ava is so cute!

Becki R said...

That's as exciting as it gets in Rexburg!! Carousel, Splash Park AND pie! Fun pictures though--Eva is a doll!

Ashly said...

ok, I know this probably isn't appropriate, so you can delete my comment if you want, but...is it just me, or does Ava have a very long butt crack for a 1 year old?! ...I'm thinking she gets that from T. rofl!!
love the pics and your new layout--very cute :) we can NOT wait to see you guys! and will you *please* hurry up and move out to Louisville???? U of L is a great school.....

Terry Love said...

Forget about my adventures, having a family is the ultimate adventure! Nice to hear from you Katy!

White Family said...

How fun! Chase loves looking at carousels too. I love, love, love the crack shot, it "cracked" me up too! What does that say about her future career path in Korean culture?

The Murdocks said...

sound like sooo much fun, can't wait to see you and that cute baby of yours a the farm

britt said...

don't you love those splash parks? that is all we do here in Vegas. It's a must. I want to see you guys soon. Now that both our girls are walking and etc they would be able to play together! We'll just have to figure out time to come up to Rexy.

Laisa said...

Ha ha ha, at Ava's crack.....isn't it funny how it doesn't even bother her? ha ha ha, what a cutie - I just want to squeeze those cheeks.....face cheeks, not butt cheeks (ha ha ha ha).