Thursday, December 18, 2008

Worst. Santa. Ever.

Going in to visit Santa yesterday, Taylor and I knew full well that Ava would most likely not take to the Jolly Fellow with his bowl full of jelly.

We were SO RIGHT.

Apprehension about him at first, Ava wouldn't sit on his lap- hence Taylor in the pictures. But then her apprehension turned to a total meltdown, arching her back and clawing to get out of arm's length from the freaky man in the red poly-blend suit. And to add to the festivities, Santa was terrible! Seriously, he was wretched! He didn't Ho Ho Ho like a sweet old man, instead he growled, "She can just sit next to me instead". "Santa" was sure NOT Jolly and his bowl full of jelly was actually a bowl full of dysentery- yes, you read that right, he was just full of crap! This Santa was hard-as-nails, rolling his eyes and heaving HUGE sighs of boredom and displeasure. I wouldn't even cast him as the Grim Reaper! Well, Taylor and I left the North Pole laughing (AT him) and chasing Ava who was Booking It down the mall to escape the man with no twinkle in his dead and lifeless eyes. Oh Memories. Sweet, sweet memories.


Why does it look like they are both sizing each other up for a brawl?


Look at Santa's eyes, he's literally rolling them!! Hahaha!! Granted I would never EVER take on the duty as mall Santa, but really, they should screen for someone who doesn't reek of animosity!



All's well in the world now that we're at TGIFridays and coloring.

13 comments:

Ashly said...

ava could take him. yep. mean-fake-santa better be watchin' his beard. 'cause if Ava didn't hand it to him, I bet her Daddy would. so there. ;) that's my girl...perfect judge of rotten character. Merry Christmas.

Blank said...

That is hilarious, that Santa literally has no emotion in his face. After Ava and Diesel's Santa reactions, I'm dying to see what Burton will do. I love Ava's snow suit. After seeing those pictures it makes me wish we could have a white Christmas, but then I go outside and freeze at 40 degrees.

Rachel Holloway said...

This is SO what I am writing about tonight. I have a contender for worst Santa...

1- he was black.
2- his elf had to prompt him to ask kids what they wanted for Christmas and to say ho ho ho.

He was terrible...

I about died laughing.

Maybe we should have gone to TGIFridays too... :)

Globe Trotters said...

Mean Santa's should NOT be allowed! Thanks goodness Ave has the best dad ever! Look how content she is.

Ami Paulsen said...

You're right. That Santa is freaky! His beard is way too dollar-store fake and his glasses are a bit too 80s AV geek, tapered-pants wearing, sci fi freak... ish. I totally wouldn't sit on that Santa's lap. Ava must have a 6th sense.

angie said...

That is so funny! I love the fake Santa look. Our ward had a Santa with a REAL white beard. Those are the best! Poor Ava will be traumatized for life :)

Michelle said...

I wouldn't want to be near that Santa either! Can't blame her! I think that they should have made Santa clean shaven all that beard is terrifying!

Shalee said...

Poor girl... once she realizes he's the one giving out presents on Christmas Eve I'm sure she'll warm up to him.

Shalee said...

Poor girl... once she realizes he's the one giving out presents on Christmas Eve I'm sure she'll warm up to him.

britt said...

lolol...I didn't even try with Evie. Also, the snow suit is hilarious...I need to get Evie one now!!

Kurt and Lacey Kinghorn said...

Whoa! You weren't kidding, our Santa was MUCH better!

crystal carlson said...

Ya, Jace didn't like Santa either! He did the whole arching the back thing too--maybe next year will be better!?!

White Family said...

Let me at 'im! Mean old son of a building block! I would've gone all elf on him and been like "you're not Santa, you smell like cheese and beef." and tore off his beard! That'd show him! If it's any consolation, we really admire you for even making the effort for Ava to go meet Santa. We weren't about to even try to attempt that feat with Chase!