Friday, February 20, 2009

Strike a Pose



Lemme show ya some pics that we've been taking lately. I have a friend who's quite handy with the camera and after the promise of dinner for her family, a night of babysitting and a lifetime of servitude she agreed to do a little family photo shoot for us! "Whoooo Hoooo" for the Wilsons, "Aw Crap" for Sharee. The poor girl didn't know what she was in for.... what with the freezing cold day we decided to do this on, the cranky/booger-ey child she'd be waiting on and the incredible 'weiner-y-ness' of both Taylor and I! I'm sure she was thinking (as she was shoveling piles of snow this way and that so we could find a place to sit), "A lifetime of servitude is SO NOT WORTH IT". Well, after seeing these pictures, T and I were pretty dang esctatic! Sharee did a great job!!!! Thanks so veeeeery much (even though my requests of her photoshopping Jessica Alba's body onto my head was ignored!) we LOVE them!!! You're the best, miss Sharee, the very best!









Here are a couple of "photo shoots" of my own that I took the liberty of doing! Have I told you that T and I have friends with the cutest kids? Well, we do, and lucky me- they're still immobile enough to take a few pictures of them without the worry of the kiddo charging me with 'gimme gimme hands', ahem, AVA!


Meet Maya!
She's got the biggest eyes you'll ever see and paired with the chubbiest cheeks a baby can have-- she's simply edible!




Ava loves to "help" me out when I babysit- if she's not screaming and melting down from lack of attention from me, Ava can be quite motherly




Meet Hinder!
He's just learning how to smile and practicing really does make perfect, he's got the sweetest little grin!






Yes, yes- despite the fact that these little angels are SO FUN to photograph... Ava STILL needs her time in the spotlight! I don't mind... she's got a dang cute mug to capture! Little update, I suppose: Ava's almost 21 months old now... which means before we know it, she'll be a whoppin' TWO... That's such a crazy, out-ot-this-world notion to me... why did I always just assume I'll have a baby???
Well, she's doing great, I enjoy SO MUCH being her Mom. Ava is a tender-hearted, strong-willed, go-big-or-go-home personality who makes my days fly by... or drag on... some day it gets a little shifty! Either way, we love our little girl-- I tell Taylor this every once in a while: "Ava's a typical girl, but and extraordinary daughter".


Ava being Swaddled like the other babys get be!


Happy Valentine's Day to Daddy-- Taylor and I promised each other, No Gifts! But Ava never made that promise: so she surprised T with a daisy at work
(by the way, she looks serene and dainty holding the flower, but really I was just barely warning her to "BE VERY CAREFUL" with the flower and this is her 'cautious face'


Lately Ava has been into dressing herself... in HER CHOICE of clothing... so for bed tonight she picks out Taylor's t-shirt. Then proceded to swing her "Princess Dress" all around like she's going to a ball. What a ham!

17 comments:

Matt and Jess said...

I'm so glad that you have the internet again! I love to read about Ava, she has such a fun personality, I don't know how you keep up with her. She's a cutie!

angie said...

Cute pictures! Brooke loves to wear Steve's tshirts to bed also. It must be a father/daughter thing :)

Don't forget to let us know when miss Ashley is coming.

Allison said...

Those pictures are so sweet- especially the one's of your family. I'm jelouse, we need new family pics too. You guys are the best and cutest family out there! Also, great job on your own pics- you'll have to give me lessons with the camera :).

Becki R said...

Oh Ava! How much I want her to marry Blake! She is such a doll and I love seeing her cute pics! Your family pictures were really sweet!

Aaron, Anita, Leah, Owen, Liam, and little girl Smits said...

Those are some great family pictures!

White Family said...

Oh my goodness gracious! Those pictures are gorgeous! I gues it helps that the medium is one freaking adorable little family. Seriously Katy, you look amazing! Ava is such a little doll! I just want to squeeze her to baby pieces and pinch those cute little cherubic cheeks! She's delectable. I always get such a kick out of her so very colorful personality. She truly must keep you guys so entertained. I hope that Chase is colorful and spunky and hilarious like that when he starts talking more! So so cute, and can I tell you again how glad I am that YOU'RE BACK! I hear that email always works in Arizona, maybe you guys should move there...HMMMM just a thought!

Globe Trotters said...

Hooray! You are back! Your Ava is precious- and I LOVE her pink pea coat. What a princess! Your family is too sweet- you need to add a dog or two to it, I think :)

mamasuisse said...

I've missed seeing pics of Ava! I can't believe she's almost 2. Don't make any promises to Blake; I want her to marry Sam (they're far enough removed aren't they??)

Sharee said...

It's a good thing I didn't put Angelina Jolie's body on there like you requested, cause now it looks like you have changed your mind to Jessical Alba. Another reason I didn't use Angellina's body was because then everyone would start asking when the next baby was due, or when the twins were coming or something. I'm sure she's got another baby bump, as it has been at least a few weeks since she had her last child. :) I was just trying to save you all the explaining.

Tina Braegger said...

What cute pictures! I love the ones of the three of you..soo fun!! Hope you guys are doing well!

Kelly said...

WOW!!! I love your family pictures. YEs that girl is amazing! Ya'll look wonderful! I love them!!!!!!

crystal carlson said...

I LOVE your family pictures--they turned out so cute! Ava is such a cutie! I love the picture of her swaddled, that was too cute!

Rachel Holloway said...

AHHH!!! GIDDY SCREAMS over how cute those pictures are! LOVE IT! What a beautiful family you have!

Rachel said...

Great pictures of your lil' fam. Ava just looks so cute and girly in that pink coat....it makes her shine in the pics!

Blank said...

You guys look so priceless. Those are the cutest family pics. Ava seems like such a grown up little girl.

Rach said...

I love those photos. My favorite is of you two kissing Ava's cheeks. Adorable.

Amy Daniel said...

I agree. Those family pictures your friend took are AMAZING!!! They turned out so cute.