Thursday, October 29, 2009

Halloween Bugs

Happy Halloween!!!



"Princess" Lady Bug Ava is off to do some serious trick or treating at the Ward Party.
(not sure why she's so solemn in this picture... perhaps the mouthful of candy she's already scored on?)
We had to make a big deal out of the "princess" part or she wouldn't have anything to do with the wings and tutu.... it's happening more and more frequently now where we have to "dress up" things like "Princess Vegies" or "Princess boots" or "Princess Potty" for her to comply. Nice. Love it.


Please don't mind the crazy part.... remember... I grew up in Wyoming where any type of hair style you have ends up in a tangled mass after stepping outside in 90 mile per hour wind. We just don't bother DOING our hair after a while. Hence, the "S-shaped" part.


At the Ward party we ran into the number one costume choice of the year... Ladybugs.... scads of them! So we shoved them all in the corner and snapped a picture. How sweet are they!

Happy Halloween!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maya's going to be a Foster Farms Chicken. It's a pretty funny costume. I think I like Halloween a lot better when there is a child involved.

crystal carlson said...

She makes such a cute ladybug & I love her shoes! I hope you guys have a great Halloween!

angie said...

Cutest ladybugs I've seen! Have a fun Halloween!

Angela said...

I cannot believe there were that many lady bugs! Ridiculous! Ava sure is a cutie! Love it!

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle said...

What a cute costume!!! Did you make it? If so you are so crafty! Wow there are a lot of ladybugs, so cute!

Ami Paulsen said...

Holy lady bugs! Ava is the cutest.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Thats too cute! :)

Michelle said...

Such a cute "Princess" Lady Bug...BTW, The Princess thing will continue for a long time!!

Globe Trotters said...

What a sweet Princess Ladybug! Every girl deserves to be a princess. And she got to celebrate with 6 other Princess Ladybugs :) Happy Halloween!

Allison said...

How fun. Ava looks so grown up! I LOVE her costume, it's really cute. I had no idea ladybugs were so popular, but the pics are adorable. Love the princess thing too- there is nothing you can do about it and it get's worse even when you don't encourage it (coming from my experience). Just sayin" Have a fun Halloween!

Allison said...

How fun. Ava looks so grown up! I LOVE her costume, it's really cute. I had no idea ladybugs were so popular, but the pics are adorable. Love the princess thing too- there is nothing you can do about it and it get's worse even when you don't encourage it (coming from my experience). Just sayin" Have a fun Halloween!

Unknown said...

Maybe that's what I should be :)

Hey, I feel your pain about the wind. I walk to work (aka in immigration canyon practically) and i feel the same way. I'm going to stop doing my hair, reverting back to my Rexburg ways.

Happy Haunting, and we miss/love you!

Kaysi said...

She is so cute! There were several ladybugs at our ward party too, must be a popular costume this year.

White Family said...

Ha! I love the ladybugs so much my heart hurts! There is one ladybug in particular that am extremely fond of, the only one wearing a tutu! That is so cute. This is why I love Halloween so much. I love seeing all these adorable kids being tortured, tugged, stuffed, poked, and prodded into insanely adorable costumes by their parents!Ah, it's just so awesome. So what was the verdict? What were Mr and Mrs Wilson dressed up as this year?

Matt and Jess said...

Haha, that's hilarious about the princess thing. Your girl is smart! She figured out young that she deserves to be treated like a princess! I love her lady bug costume, she's the cutest one in photo!

Rachel Holloway said...

hahaha!!! TOTALLY funny that there were so many lady bugs. But I loved that you caught it on record!

She loooks adorable! Did you make her costume?!

Megan J. Dawson said...

Wow, that's the place to be if you're a lady bug. I love that first picture of Ava, like she's saying, seriously Mom more pictures? That's what my kids are always saying :)

Josh, Shauna, Allison, Brynlee said...

So I thought I better leave you a comment with my address before I forget! Our blog is private, but if you e-mail me at wjwilwand@gmail.com with your e-mail I will add you. :) Ava looked so cute at the ward party and you are right ladybug was the #1 costume! Too bad we didn't stay long enough to put Brynlee in the picture too! Remember even though we have moved we should still get together and hang out!

Vrska's said...

Wow I have never seen so many ladybugs in one place at one time!! Ava by far is the cutest ladybug out of all of them!! Good job Taylor & Katy!! Hope you had a Happy Halloween and hope you both are doing good!!

Kristin W. said...

what a cute little bug! you know i think i only saw one lady bug and we saw tons of trick or treaters so it must be a local lady bug trend up there. ava is so cute and her hair is getting so long. i was hoping you and taylor would dress up this year cause you guys always have super cute and creative costumes!

Laisa said...

Ha ha ha, that was definitely the costume for cute little girls this year - I saw them EVERYWHERE!! But that many in one ward is amazing (ha ha).....and I thought it was funny that Kaleb had 2 other kids in his class with the same costume! But Ava is definitely a cutie with her tutu!! :)

Becki R said...

Okay, they are some cute ladybugs there but we ALL know who was the cutest...AVA (my future niece-in-law if the fates allow!) Katy I am LOVING your photography! Do you take clients? How much do you charge? I am in need of bridals sometime...let me know about prices/availability, etc.