Thursday, October 22, 2009

Older and Wiser Too?

Happy Birthday to ME!

Tuesday was my bday.... well, not technically.... since birth mama came into the picture, i like to claim BOTH birthdays. So to be really really specific:

Tuesday was my bday.... ACCORDING to all my naturalization documents, adoption decree, driver's license, and all debts that I've so willingly incurred up to this date.... so let's CELEBRATE!!!!

Taylor is fantastic. But you all knew that! He threw me a party with many of our great friends and I love him for it.

*useless, yet awesome fact about me: I LOVE when people sing me happy birthday... I wish there were many many verses to the song. Instead, I just pretend that I missed the first part and ask them to sing it again.... louder.*

Thanks for the first birthday party I've had in YEARS, T!!! I wish I took pictures, it was creepy, freaky, ghoulish, Halloween-themed and he and the guys who helped Taylor out did NOT disappoint!

It's taken me a few days to blog bout it since we're still suffering from Cake Hangover....

Here's what's left of the damage.





Ava's STILL at it.


and I may OR may not be also.

15 comments:

Kaysi said...

Happy Birthday!!!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful day!

Ami Paulsen said...

Happy Birthday!! On your birthday I said to Jacob, "I wish I had two birthdays." He said "If you did; we'd only celebrate one." I was quite offended. I personally celebrate both of your birthdays. I love the picture of Ava's hand in the cake. She must have learned that trick from Auntie Ami.

Anonymous said...

Katy...happy b-day. we miss you guys. yur...sooo...popular..usually I'm the 21st person to leave a comment.:) love your pics...again.

crystal carlson said...

Happy Birthday Katy! I knew it was your birthday, I just wasn't exactly sure on the date! I'm glad Taylor did a party for you--you definitely deserve it! I hope you had a great day & felt special because you are one awesome gal:) Love ya lots & miss you too! P.S. I so would have made you some Monster Cookies or something for your B-day if we didn't live so far away--so just pretend that I did :)

Amy Daniel said...

yay, birthdays are amazing. If only they came around more than once a year... Happy belated Birthday!!!

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

Sorry about the deleted post! Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had a wonderful day! I love surprise parties! That was so nice and sneaky of Taylor! Did you have any idea? Miss ya! Wish I could have been there to give ya a birthday hug!

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Happy birthday! If I could sing you a song, I would ;)

angie said...

Happy Birthday, Katy. That cake looks soooo good! Eat it all up baby! What a great husband to throw you a fantastic party!

Liz said...

Happy Birthday Katy! That cake looks delicious - want to send some my way if there's any left?

White Family said...

YAY for birthdays!!! That's freaking awesome that you get 2 birhdays each year, and they're both totally legit! When is your other birthday? I wonder if you could get the debt waived if you started claiming that one? I gotta say, I'm not loving the fact that I wasn't invited. At first I was like, "what the?" then I thought, wel maybe TTkins is still emabrassed over the whole JessieBOOBkins issue. In the end I chalked it up to being in Arizona. (I really think it's the Boobkins sichee-ayshon tho).
Anyway, it sounds like it was a fantasic partay! I'm sad to have missed it. I'm so gladyou had such a great birthday! Here's to many more fabulous birthdays to come, yee haw!

Allison said...

Happy late b-day: I was just waiting until January so we could celebrate together :). Hope you are doing well. We need to catch up.

Allison said...

Happy late b-day: I was just waiting until January so we could celebrate together :). Hope you are doing well. We need to catch up.

Blank said...

Happy Birthday, it sounds like you had a good time. What a nice hubby. I think my last party was when I was 16. You're never too old to party.

Kurt and Lacey Kinghorn said...

Well happy birthday! Kudos to Taylor for throwing ya a party!!