Sunday, February 7, 2010

Falling In Love... again.

It's sort of sad to me that I can't remember or pin down the day or moment that I thought, "Good Golly, I'm in LOVE with the boy" when T and I were busy WOOING each other. Can YOU remember?

I just know that it came quickly and easily- and I'm very, oh-so cool with it.

BUT YESTERDAY.... I do believe we fell even deeper and more madly-er in love with each other with the Simple Act of getting outdoors together and spending an outstanding morning on a:

SURPRISE SNOWSHOEING EXTRAVAGANZA DATE
of 2010
(i added "extravaganza" because EVERYTHING sounds better with "extravaganza" added to it- whew, I sound like Fancy Nancy right now)

This year we did a little babysitting/dateswap thing with our friends (thanks Hursts, it was splendid). But for lack of a better day... we celebrated Valentine's Day a week early. And I've always said, "It's NEVER too early (or late) to celebrate.... (fill in the blank)"


I've never been able to effectively SURPRISE Taylor with much (and I believe he still guessed what we were up to with THIS date too). But I rented two pair of snowshoes, packed a lunch and all necessary provisions and took a drive. We ended up at Kelly Canyon- right across from the ski hill and started to climb.

here's a few pictures. And by "a few".... I mean 14.



It was a ridiculous idea to think we, at our fitness level, could scale a mountain in a few short hours. I'm not exaggerating when I say it was FREAKISHLY DIFFICULT.
Unfortunately, T makes it look easy right here. Nice.


But I SWEAR, this is what it was like. STRAIGHT UP CLIMB.
Legs burning.
Lungs on fire.
Getting stuck in 4ft.high powder.
Soaked with sweat.
Gasping for air.
Uncontrolled drool down chins.

It was utterly romantic.

See... we didn't forget (throughout the excruciating affair) that LOVE was the whole point of this.
AWWWWWWW.... (come on... just say it.... one AWWWW for me please)





WE DID IT. WE CONQUERED THE BEAST (okay, okay... if you were to SEE the "MOUNTAIN" we climbed... you'll scoff at us and say... "Cool, Molehill. Glad you survived")



From our point, we watched (and guzzled our water) the skiers and boarders. It was fun watching for the biggest wrecks. We bond by mocking others do things we cannot do ourselves. I have that stitched on a pillow somewhere.


The day started out cloudy with fog creeping in on us and ended like this.
Que The Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun" song... "Do, do, do, do"



I do adore that song.
MOVING ON.



We ate. We chatted. We...

Threw snowballs at people who kept taking pictures of me.

(ps. Cheers to Taylor for picking up the camera and gettin groovy with the pictures.)

BUT it wasn't always fun and games.
SOMEONE kept falling down.
It was SLIPPERY, OKAY?????
And T didn't bother to put down the camera to help a damsel in distress.
Instead he laughed, and clicked away. Charmed, dear, so charmed.

HELP ME.
I'm smiling on the outside.
But on the inside, I weep.
I just want stable footing once more before I die.
(I get really dramatic when I fall down... which may or may not happen a lot)


Good gravy, you're handsome.
*note the tiny little skiers down on the hill below.
Ha. They have no idea they're being watched.
And mocked?


When we came down the mountain
(which was the funnest thing ever... we sat down in our tracks and literally SLID down nearly the whole way. I giggled LOUDLY. It reverberated. I probably scared the two bucks we saw prancing on the hillside earlier with my maniacal cackling)
we drove past the river and decided to see what that has to offer.
TONS of beauty. THAT's what it has to offer.


We had FUN.
Even our shadows had fun.
Taylor at this exact moment was saying, "Uhhhh... I don't know what to do with my hands" (Ricky Bobby quote). I could hardly hold the camera still enough to take the shot, I was laughing so hard. He looks so confused-- well his SHADOW looks confused.


HAPPY VALENTINES DAY, M. Taylor Wilson.

I fell even more in love with you... can you believe that's possible?






ps. I am very, incredibly, indubitably, fiercely, ecstatic about this year.

29 comments:

{Alynn} said...

Awwww, I feel all warm and tingle-ish inside. I can't believe you had such an AMAZING day while I was buying diapers at Wally World. *sigh* I'm so happy that you're so happy and SOOO obviously and incredibly in love. What a day!

Are these SOOC?!? I'm drooling, jelous, and totally inspired! Love them ALLLLLLLL!!!!

Livi said...

oh my gosh your photos are astounding!!

Rachel Holloway said...

GOR-GEOUS! You AND the pictures you took. What a fabulous day. Totally fabulous.

I am so glad you guys are falling even more in love...and that you had such an awesome time together. Sigh. "wuv, twoo wuv".

Candace said...

Your pictures are gorgeous and I love the love you guys have. :) Fantastic!

Evan and Lauren said...

Beautiful pictures! Wow, you look like a model girl!! Makes me want to visit Kelly's Canyon...

The Matlocks said...

So cute! And...such a cute idea! You guys look like pros in those pics. Happy Valentines :)

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Katy, you are so cute :) and I'm happy that you are happy with Taylor!

Krista & Tyler said...

inspiration, yet again, at its best. love you.
thanks so much.

Michelle said...

What a fun date! Your so lucky!!! Your pictures are absolutely AMAZING!! You should really open your own photography business, you would make millions!
Katy-you looks good, it has been ages since i've seen you!

Globe Trotters said...

you two are precious. I do actually remember Kristen telling me all about your new "boyfriend" and how cute the two of you were...and I didn't even know you, or him :) What a fun day-date, just the two of you. Happy Vday love birds!

Shalee said...

You two look like you had so much fun!! What a fun way to "fall in love"! I'm not much of a snow/winter/cold/ice/outdoor person but you made it look like it could actually be fun out there in the frigid weather!

B-Blogit said...

you have a great talent for writing things that just make people laugh and feel like the writing is genuine at the same time. You really should be a writer/photographer for post register or standard journal or something!

So glad you guys had fun and that is awesome you can find the moments to get out there and build your relationship!

RileyDestry said...

Awesome! Your pictures are superb, as usual. I love the description. I can literally hear you saying every word.

Tiffany said...

First. Dang you for getting to be so skinny. I have absolutely no motivation at this moment. And mean NONE.

I know what you mean about the falling snowshoeing. when I went I would fall forward, put my hands to to catch me, and sink to my face in snow.

You guys are so cute together. Congrats on such a great date.

Amy Daniel said...

Wow that looked like so much fun. It has encouraged me to make Ryan put on his hiking shoes and climb a mountain. Although we are the other extreme. No snow, just blazing heat. No skiiers, just lizards and scorpions.
What fun! And by the way..You look amazing!!!

Vrska's said...

LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT!! I'm totally jealous, looks like you guys had the best day EVER together! Besides the fact that you guys always do the funnest most romantic things together! I loved the pictures and am so glad you guys had such a good time!

Jill said...

WOW LOVE THEM! YOu have such an eye! ALSO I LOVE YOUR ROUND CORNERS! You must have an action! You'll have to show me your tricks!

White Family said...

Dear Katy,

You are my hero.

Love,
Jessica
(that's it)

Ok, not really. We all know I'm really long winded, so here goes the WHOLE comment.
I’m SO freakishly freaking jealous that you snow shoed. First off, because that’s such a creative idea and looks like it was a total blast and secondly because I hear it burns like billions of calories! You’ve totally inspired me to surprise Kyle this weekend. I’ve been wanting to plan a trip to the mountains and some snow and I’m gonna do it!!! I wish it was going to be a romantic little snowshoeing date but I think we might end up taking the kiddos and maybe doing some sledding. The point IS that you’re amazing. Taylor is one lucky little ducky (you can tell I’m around children for most of my days).
Also, I LOVE the pictures! They are TOTALLY WICKED! TTKins did a wonderful job on his photos also. It must run in the family. Lastly…You. Look. Amazing. Seriously, you need to dish on your secret. What have you been doing? You look like some glorious little snow bunny goddess in those pictures! So cute, I love ‘em I love ‘em I love ‘em!

Erin said...

That looked so fun! I wish I didn't just have a baby so we could do something like that!! haha!

And girl! You look sooo good!!! I was just thinking that I could not wait for another get together...soon. soon.

The Emericks said...

Katy - YOU LOOK AMAZING! What a great V-day idea! You guys are the best! I am glad that you had such a amazing time!

Linley and Austin said...

Katy, you take THE most FANTASTIC pictures I have ever seen. Seriously! I wish you lived closer so you could teach me all your mad photoshopping skilz. I'm jealous...insanely jealous of your sweet talent :)

Looks like you guys had a great time. Snowshoeing is always so much fun. Happy Valentines Day you two!

Linley and Austin said...

Katy, you take THE most FANTASTIC pictures I have ever seen. Seriously! I wish you lived closer so you could teach me all your mad photoshopping skilz. I'm jealous...insanely jealous of your sweet talent :)

Looks like you guys had a great time. Snowshoeing is always so much fun. Happy Valentines Day you two!

britt said...

ok, first I shall advise you to start advertising on your blog or something and make a little! hello! you get 20 million people commenting everyday, I never know if I should post something! lol. I'll have to try calling a little more stalkerlike again!
Second. Wow. wow. wow. snow shoeing? wow. I've heard it is killer! and that mountain didn't look like a walk in the park either. I think I'd literally die before making it 10 paces. I love the pics. Miss my katy and T! btw. we were cleaning out boxes and found that o so lovely pink sparkle frame with a model posing inside of it. We laughed for a long while. Don't be surprised if it someday comes back to you with a not-so equal-but-trying-to-be- picture inside!!! it could be a tradition! now I am done with my novel.....

Matt and Jess said...

That's an awesome date! I totally want to copy you. You're just too cool. By the way I love your camera and the beautiful pictures it takes!

brandilyn said...

blog stalked!!
adorable date, post, life, everything!! love your blog :)

Kristen and Andrew said...

I LOVE ALL THE PICTURES!! Katy-- you look BEAUTIFUL!!! I mean BEAUTIFUL!!! And I totally wish that someday you and I could go snowshoeing TOGETHER!? What do you think? love you!

Allison said...

This is the COOLEST pictures/post/date ever! You're such a babe Katy!!! The pictures are AWESOME and such a fun way to capture a great day together. Wish I had your talent- and your coat cause it's really cute! Glad you guys got to get out and have some fun. I'm in love with this cool day!

Allison said...

This is the COOLEST pictures/post/date ever! You're such a babe Katy!!! The pictures are AWESOME and such a fun way to capture a great day together. Wish I had your talent- and your coat cause it's really cute! Glad you guys got to get out and have some fun. I'm in love with this cool day!

Allison said...

This is the COOLEST pictures/post/date ever! You're such a babe Katy!!! The pictures are AWESOME and such a fun way to capture a great day together. Wish I had your talent- and your coat cause it's really cute! Glad you guys got to get out and have some fun. I'm in love with this cool day!