MOVING ON!
Happy St. Patty's Day!
I just wanted to say, that it's not even NOON yet, and I'm pretty much all "greened-out" already.
Oh, that and Family Fun .com has a sense of humor. They must. I think they mixed up April 1st and today and this is why.

Really?
Are they trying to give us Kitchen-Fearing mothers even more of a COMPLEX than we already have???? Why, Family Fun? Why must you kick us while we're down?
Needless to say: Way. Too. Intense. for me.
Sooooooo... we woke up and did the tried n' true. Green food coloring.
(i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos, i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos, i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos...)
(i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos, i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos, i'm not ashamed of my unedited photos...)
I let Ava completely (well 95%) take over Green Princess Pancakes.
She did a pretty fabulous job... putting her mother to shame.
Why I decided to publicize my 2 year old overtaking my skill level in the kitchen, I'll never know.
Concentration, Precision... Perfection-- oh.
Wait.
Hey, Lou- you're getting a little wild there... no need to fling the batter around.
"Don't give me no Sass, Mother. I'M in charge here."
um. ok. sorry.
where was I?
Oh yes, Perfection....
...is in the eye of the beholder.
Green Snowman Pancake?
And now for a regularly scheduled break.
It's Wash-Pollys-with-a-Paintbrush Time!
Woo!
It's been a very exciting morning.
Now here's tip # 1463 from the
"Cheap, Lazy Mom's Handbook of Tricks that May or May Not Trick Your Kids into Having Fun"
(i made that title up all by myself)
I drew Ava's coloring page for her.
She wasn't impressed... kept calling my Rainbow a "Bridge".
No, babe, it's a RAINBOW. See. The cloud. Pot of Gold. The word "GOLD" on the Pot of Gold.
I get no respect around here.
Yeah, don't be jealous of my mad artiste skilz. They rival my kitchen skilz.
I love her still-chubby baby hands.
Love them.
Total Focus.
To create...
A Masterpiece.
Finally corralled Child to the table for her festive breakfast.
Does she look like she's forcing herself to take that bite?
I think she forgot that SHE made it, not me. No need to hesitate, Daughter.
Happy St. Patrick's Day, Cheeseball!
24 comments:
Aah those cupcakes KILL me! I saw one mom who did a stack of rainbow pancakes. Seeeeriously? That would make like 15 bowls dirty. Anyways, I want to steal your daughter and keep her for myself. She's stinkin' adorable.
goooood ol green pancakes on st. patty's day. can you believe i woke up and forgot i it was THE Day? and i'm irish!
your unedited photos are beyond charming.
I'm laughing at the whole post. You're funny. :) And Ava is lucky to have a such a cool, happenin' mom. And guess what...I made those cupcakes the other day. And after your mocking, I definitely can't post the pictures. haha!
So cute! I didn't even wear green today- you all are so festive!
I just colored thier milk green before I poured it over the Life cereal. Yum-o.
I seriously thought you made those cupcakes there for a minute! Sheesh. That lady needs to get a job or have more kids! ;)
ahhhhh hahahahaha!!! You had me rolling! Seriously! And you did a WAAAAA-HAAAY BETTER job at celebrating than I did! My kids at Captain crunch...what's so leprochauny about that? Ya, nothing.
:)
What a fun St. Patty breakfast. I went all out and got my kids some Lucky Charms. :)
I saw the green snowman...it was great to visit with you a little bit. I'm gonna try to get over there and stay longer...wear out my welcome!!
We forgot about St Patty's day. I don't think Ty is Irish... so maybe this is us sticking it to the Irish man. I guess he did eat green eggs and ham and green blueberry muffins at work (courtesy to one of his co-workers gfs)... and his flight suit is green... so there was no getting away with that. But he was a good husband and didn't pinch me bc I've been sick and sitting around the house in my Gs all day because I don't have the strength to do anything else. :-) Your little girl is growing up so fast! I wish I could know her spunky personality.
Sooo cute! She is such a doll and quite the cook! Maybe you could lend her my way for a Sunday brunch sometime?
You do have mad skilz. That rainbow is tight and the pancakes pimpin. Happy St. Pattys! Next year I will try to be as creative.
You are such a cute mom! oh, and those cupcakes...I think Martha Stewart made them, and the magazine is pretending that anybody can too. I would never attempt to make those!
What a good Mom whipping out the green pancakes... my kids had to settle for green oatmeal.
You even look Irish.
so fun!!!! Did you make some with Destry? She brought some cupcakes by that looked similar! haha.. We need to get your a blog header let me know what style you have seen that you like.
I love it!!! We didn't do anything to celebrate, except wear green, of course. ;) I love that you let her make the green pancakes on her own!
so fun...your one up on "mother of the year". I TOTALLY forgot it was st. Patricks. it was a normal day at the bennett household! oh well, ignorance is bliss I say....lol. Ava is so so cute...so cute infact it brings a tear to my eye and you know why. no need to repeat for the 1000000th time that I miss you guys! anyway, happy green day to you!
Oh Katy...Katy Katy Katy...
1. Perhaps you should consider a new day time job... coloring book picture artist...yes?
2 you are not cheap
3. you are not lazy
4. You are resourceful! :)
5. Ava is a doll...
You are such a good mom! You want to know what we did for st. pattys day? Nothing :) I totally and completely forgot it was even last Wednesday. Oh well. I will not fail as a mother when Easter comes along! Dag nab it.
She is sooo cute! She comes up the cutest faces!
What a fun mom you are! I loved the pictures of Ava making the green pancakes! What a cutie!
Oh man, I love this girl's expressions so much! She is so hiarious! This post REALLY makes me want pancakes for some reason. Chase just told me as we were looking at this together, "Chase misses Ava." I thought it was eally cute. He asked, "who diss is?" and I said, "It's your friend Ava!" to which he said, "Chase misses Ava". I think he can see she is a ball of fire and spunk and he knows what great fun and mischief they would have together. Souns like you Wilson's know how to celebrate St Patty's day. We pretended it was just like any other day aside from putting on a lttle speck of green to avoid any unlawful pinching! Besides, green is my favorite color. Next year we go ALL OUT!
hey thanks for your comment on my blog a little while ago. You are so sweet! :)
You are such a fun mom. Wish I was so creative!! Looks like you guys had a fun St. Patty's Day!
Dear Katy,
Thank You for entering the Beso Hunter Boot contest. I hope you are given the opportunity to own a pair of these fabulous lava boots to enhance your con confidence, beauty and style during the gloomy and rainy days as you walk in comfortable footwear.
Thank You and Good Luck!
The Beso Team
http://www.beso.com/style-director-contest/
Post a Comment