Here's a bit of our day.... mostly for our progeny... and the grandparents... and for Ava's adoring fans.
Last night we dyed our first-ever Easter eggs. Ava's independent so we let her take the reigns decor-duty. She's got quite artistic flair, that one.
Getting geared up.
Why she insists on making THIS face when I ask her to smile
is. beyond. me.
Yes. This one.
(granted, she does look mighty innocent here... maybe that's the reason)
Technically, not a great photo (she's a wiggly subject)
But she was so very PROUD of her creations,
"Mommy, take pik tur off me and da ecks, pweese!"
Close-up of the Lovelies
I asked her what their names are and she said, "Eck (egg), eck, eck, eck, ECK! 5 ecks!"
right.
Oh and those little hair rubberbands on their heads... they're Ava's masterful creation,
"Baby Hats".
And let me just tell you.... Baby Hats are so hot right now.
Taylor and I were a little wary that she wouldn't "get" the whole Egg Hunt concept, so we devised a plan that would give her a little practice run.

she's always cracking me up!
Well, the trail led to...
Trust me, this looks more intense than it is.
But, yeah. The kid's spoiled.
She's an only child- how else can I completely ruin her chances for normalcy in social situations?
OK... so here's a LONG video of our morning
Don't feel like you have to watch it... seriously, it's long
Like, 5 minutes long.
And really, let's be totally honest here--
unless it's your own kid (or grandkid... sometimes)
People just don't love to spend 5 minutes of their day watching someone else's kid freak out over chocolate bunnies. And impersonating monkeys on Easter morning.
oh, lookee here... i know i got SOME of you curious!
well, here it is
And now the Princess tries on the dress.
This is truly her "Princess Pose"
Eyes softly gazing down to shoulder
Mona Lisa-esque smile plays on the corners of her mouth
Swaying ever so slightly
Diva.
Moving right along...
We watched General Conference today (well, really- as much as one can with a two year old running around cracked out on Jelly Bellies) and at one point, Ava climbed up on top of her toy box and wanted a "pik-tuw" of her with the "Pwofit". I gladly obliged.
Now, remember that book I'm writing called the:
"Cheap, Lazy Mom's Handbook of Tricks that May or May Not Trick Your Kids into Having Fun"
Here's helpful, handy trick number 61,581 for you:Yeah. It's like that.
Now what's a Katy Wilson Blog Post if I don't talk about FOOD at one point or another?
Here's what we did:

Turned out mighty good-
now, granted, I haven't been able to even TASTE my food in over a week due to my heavy mucus flow issues. Mmmmm... sounds yummy.
After we made this meal,
can you guess what Mizz AvaLouDivaPants wanted instead?

hm. right.
But we finished the day off with one of my favorite recipes I snagged from Destry; friend, neighbor, cook.

I don't think she'd mind me handing out the recipe.
(um. Des, if this recipe is a secret... go ahead and punch me one time in the throat. That's all I can give you at this point. Sorry!)
It's really too good to pass up... and FREAKISHLY easy
which you KNOW if I can do it....
so can a pinto bean
*it's late and Pinto Bean was all that came to mind.
Well. All in all.... it was a pretty fabulous day.
Oh. And I broke out my Peeps!!!
The ones I bought back in FEBRUARY and
immediately opened the box.
Put them in a dry, cool place.
So that they'd be rock-hard.
And perfect.

If your Peeps break
they're just right.
Happy Easter 2010
Now what's a Katy Wilson Blog Post if I don't talk about FOOD at one point or another?
Here's what we did:
Turned out mighty good-
now, granted, I haven't been able to even TASTE my food in over a week due to my heavy mucus flow issues. Mmmmm... sounds yummy.
After we made this meal,
can you guess what Mizz AvaLouDivaPants wanted instead?
hm. right.
But we finished the day off with one of my favorite recipes I snagged from Destry; friend, neighbor, cook.
I don't think she'd mind me handing out the recipe.
(um. Des, if this recipe is a secret... go ahead and punch me one time in the throat. That's all I can give you at this point. Sorry!)
It's really too good to pass up... and FREAKISHLY easy
which you KNOW if I can do it....
so can a pinto bean
*it's late and Pinto Bean was all that came to mind.
Well. All in all.... it was a pretty fabulous day.
Oh. And I broke out my Peeps!!!
The ones I bought back in FEBRUARY and
immediately opened the box.
Put them in a dry, cool place.
So that they'd be rock-hard.
And perfect.
If your Peeps break
they're just right.
Happy Easter 2010
25 comments:
Happy Easter Ava and mum and dad!
What an amazing Easter! Too much chocolate. I wish I could eat them with you!
Bisous
Hi Suk
ok. I'm cracking up...how can the gal who loves grilled lamb/onion glazed sweet potatoes/grilled asparagus, etc... like stale, rock-hard peeps? It's like taste-bud mutiny to go from one to the other ;) love, love, love you and that sweet fam of yours anyway xo
so so fun!!! i'm sorry you've been sick. not fun at all. I LOVED the video. it was like I was sitting there on your couch. I love it. The easter bunny was a lot nicer to you guys than us this year! we need to move in with the wilsys! happy easter!
happy easter!! ava's dress is too cute and looks like she had a great time dying eggs! We are going to do that next year, I think it might have been too much of a mess this year:) dinner looked yummie! hope you are all doing well!!
LAUGHING OUT LOUD! Seriously! That girl got more loot than my kids at Christmas! LOL!!! :) At least you know for next year, should there be another child involved, you could totally get by just giving her a thing of bubbles, a chocolate bunny, and a baggie of mini marshmallows!
My kids loooved watching the video with me. :) She is just too cute!
Ava does look like such a princess in her dress! I'm glad you all had a happy Easter.
so so so cute! Ava is hilarious!
My favorite part of the video is hearing you talk in your nice high pitched voice, made me laugh. I know all of us moms do that but hearing it from you just made me laugh!
Ava's looks gorgeous in her Princess dress!
Glad you had a great Easter. I have always made the egg trail to my kids basket. Now they are older, we did a treasure hunt, but the egg trail is our fav!
It looks like you had a great Easter. Sometimes it just makes you feel good to spoil your kid. Ava is super talented, those eggs were awesome. I love her Easter dress.
I am glad I am not the only girl in this world who gets that happy about chocolate! Way to go Eva. And if she wants to pretend the egg plant is chocolate... I'd et her next time. You might use that to tease her into eating it...Katy, you have taught her well! I cannot believe how big she is and how well she is speaking. That princess shot is ADORABLE! I also loved the shot with President Monson. :)
WOW- along with your other book, maybe you should consider writing a cook book... that dinner looked divine! I will be the food eating model... I will eat everything you make and you can take pictures of me for your cook book. I think this could really go somewhere...
I love your Ava. I love her Easter dress. I love the picture of her with the prophet. I love your dinner...I want some now, I am drooling. I love your family! Happy Easter!
I love your Ava. I love her Easter dress. I love the picture of her with the prophet. I love your dinner...I want some now, I am drooling. I love your family! Happy Easter!
I love Ava's dress, definitely very princess-like. Your little girl is hilarious, I love hearing all the funny things she does or says.
Is it bad that we didn't even bother buying Easter candy? We're trying to get away from that. We did watch conference though. :-) and had some great ham w/ funeral potatoes :P
Your food looks amazing. I love the vegetables they look delicious and I've never tried grilled lamb but it looks so tastey. You guys are the best parents. By the way I had bought a box of peeps for Easter morning, but totally broke down and ate the whole box (3rows) of peeps the day before. I do love them hard though, I just didn't have your self control and patience.
I FORGOT I LOVE DESTRY'S ORANGE CAKE! I am so glad you posted the reciepe because I was totally craving it the other day, she has only made it for me once like 4 years ago. Delicious!
Ava is soo lucky to have such a great mom and dad!!! What great fun! Oh..and some of those pictures...she looks like Taylor!!
Oh...and we need a get together....soon!
What a fun Easter!! I watched the whole video cause I love Princess Ava. Are you sure I'M not her mom. I regularly exercise whilst stuffing M&M's into my mouth.
By the way, Peeps are nasty. However, I've never had one that is so rock hard it breaks! How long did that take? 2 months? I'll let you know how I like them that way in June.
DANG YO! I'm coming over to your house for Easter dinner next year. Looks incredible, good job! I love Ava's Easter outfit too. She is looking so grown up and adorable. Talk about super mom and the amazing Easter! Glad you had a fun day. Oh yeah, I love the picture of Ava with President Monson, looks like he's got her right along side him- awesome.
DANG YO! I'm coming over to your house for Easter dinner next year. Looks incredible, good job! I love Ava's Easter outfit too. She is looking so grown up and adorable. Talk about super mom and the amazing Easter! Glad you had a fun day. Oh yeah, I love the picture of Ava with President Monson, looks like he's got her right along side him- awesome.
ps that crazy little visit from some random place in cali is me! at 720am feeling like jello!
Cracked out on jellie beans that is so awesome and that food looks so delish or as my daughter says Blicious. We are working on d,b,v sounds now.
hope you are able to taste soon there! Great post!
Holy smack! What else did the Easter Bunny bring?! It was like the never ending basket of joy! Sorry I'm so behind on blogs right now. Ok that video was AWESOME! You failed to mention how hilarious it was to watch T figure out the wrapping on that grocery basket. So funny! I loved the expression on his face when you caught him stopping to just look at the basket a couple times like he was thinking, “Holy crap! This thing is like a Chinese finger trap!” So funny! I seriously loved Ava’s reaction to the chocolate bunny! That is priceless. It makes me wish I could get excited about little things like that every day. PURE ELATION! Too cute! Sounds like you guys rocked Easter!
haha you are just so funny! Little girls are so fun aren't they attitude and all?? I am glad to hear that my kid is not the only spoiled one they must turn out ok right? And what fun ideas! Your food looked so yummy!! I am a little jealous I think I bought a pizza haha! Ava is adorable as ever and your pics are great! Hope you are feeling better!
Post a Comment