Thursday, May 20, 2010

It's Your Birthday, Ava... sorry we didn't tell you!

A day late, a dollar (lot's of them) short- isn't that the old saying?

Well... even though it's a day after-the-fact... I still want to wish Miz Thang a Happy Third Birthday!

THREE YEARS? What happened? Where's the time going? I just had you 13 minutes ago, girl, my hips and thighs show that I'm not lying!!!!

Well, yesterday was just a normal day-- in fact, we did NOTHING birthday-related. It's a cryin' shame to totally ignore your kid on their birthday, but I figure we could really milk this last year of "Ava thinks EVERY day is her birthday if she gets a candy" mentality. (in all honesty, we're celebrating her big day on Saturday when Taylor has the day off of work).

But Seriously, it doesn't take much to please this girl. For instance: yesterday she got a few phone calls from family members who sang her Happy Birthday... hence she got very excited for her big day (at 5pm). So when Taylor came home with a bag of burritos from Taco Bell- she very gleefully exclaimed:

"OH! For MEEEEEE????? Oh, THANK you sooo much!!! Oh boy! It's my FAVORITE!!! AWWW... Happy Birthday, Aya!!!"

Then Ava started nuzzling her burrito with her nose and cheek.... like it was her long lost baby duck who needed extra lovin'. Awesome! Taylor, babe, send back her toys-- we're set as long as we can give her burritos and sing her Happy Birthday while dancing around like fools. How easy was THAT!?

I do love this girl. Ava's totally the kind of daughter I never knew I wanted. She's SPUNKY. Full of vim and vigor. She's lovable. She's vivacious. She's impatient and EXTREMELY vocal about her displeasure. Ava is friendly... always so eager to meet new friends. She is beautiful... completely and totally breathtaking to Taylor and I.

We love you dearly, Child, and can't believe you're all ours. Some days I wanna scream and pull my ever-lovin hair out when you get ornery, mean, or whiny. You really do know how to push my buttons... I think it's because we're just so similar. But truly, I wouldn't change ya (except maybe your deafeningly high-octave scream when you're feeling insulted... that can go. Really, I won't miss that one).

I just want to say... I love you, dear Ava Lou. You are utterly amazing.

For your birthday, I'd make you a cake.... but heaven knows it would turn out something like this:

(via Cake Wrecks)
Fail.
(sort of looks like the picture of Ava I posted above this picture)


But don't say Mama never made you anything special, girl.

Cuz having your very own "ManCakes"* every single morning is a big deal coming from me.
*translation* chocolate Ovaltine mixed in Bisquick batter... not sure why she changed from calling them "Pancakes" to "ManCakes"



So, we'll most likely get you some ultra-frilly and girly ice cream/cake at Dairy Queen... that's how I roll.


World's most Craptastic photo quality... but I'll be danged if I don't love this moment.


Happy Third Birthday, Sweetface.

You're pretty radical.



20 comments:

Linley and Austin said...

Oh my gosh, love the video! She is so cute! Kylie is turning 3 in July and I seriously don't know where the time went! Anyway, hope she had a fantastic B-day!

brandilyn said...

oh my goodness, adorable. i want a spunky daughter! i want an ava!! it looks like you guys have too much fun!!!

crystal carlson said...

Happy B-day to Ava! I can't believe she's 3 either--so crazy! I LOVED the story about the burrito, that is too funny! Hope you guys have a great birthday celebration this weekend!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That girl can carry a tune!! I can't believe it...she's four...uh, three. And what an adorable giggle, my favorite!!!

Rachel Holloway said...

SOOOO funny. Seriously, cracks me up! A girl like her can take a birthday EVERY DAY, she's THAT good! Love those mancakes. Too fun! :) And that moment--love that you posted your moment. So sweet!
She's such a gem. Can't wait to play with you guys in the next few weeks!

Shalee said...

Happy birthday Ava!!!!!! She is a crack up!

Ami Paulsen said...

That was really rude of you to post the picture of the cake I made you for your 18th birthday. I worked really hard on it and at the time you told me you loved it and it was amazing. It's sad I had to find out the truth on your blog.

Matt and Jess said...

Ava is such a doll, I hope my daughter is as cute as her. Happy Birthday Ava!!

angie said...

Happy Birthday, Ava! Don't fret, Katy, because I never make a fancy cake. I figure why make it myself when someone else can do a way better job! :)

The Emericks said...

Happy happy birthday AVA dear!!!! I do the same thing every time I go to Taco - I nuzzel my bean and cheesy rice burrito! Mitch doesn't think it's that endearing. Whatever! I'm glad to know that my Ava girl appreciates the little joys in life! It's those small moments that get us through it all.

britt said...

happy birthday ava! loved so see her on the video.

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Ava!!! Hope you have a wonderful party on Sat. Wish we could be there to help celebrate!

Jon, Julee, Maddie, & Dane said...

I'm in love with her laugh, Maddie started laughing as well bc she thought it was funny. You're such an awesome mom, Ovaltine is my new found love. In your pancakes...geneous.

Blank said...

Happy Birthday Ava!! It's crazy how fast they grow up. What a cute video. Your mancakes are pretty inventive, every morning I ask B what kind of cereal he wants.

{Alynn} said...

It's official. She's so adorable (LOVE that giggle!) that she's gonna haveta' marry my son. Haveta.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AVA-GIRL!

Michelle said...

What a cutie! Happy b-day to her! :-)

Kristen and Andrew said...

I think you are right... you and Ava are exactly alike. Especially in your singing abilities and style of dress. I remember you and all your belly shirts.:)
What an adorable child you and Taylor have been blessed with. She makes me laugh... just like you make me laugh... all the time! :)

B-Blogit said...

That sounds like my daughter was well! They must be kindred spirits too without meeting each other.

I like your "craptastic" picture!

Allison said...

Happy B-Day Ava- late! It's the simple things in life huh, like burritos. Sounds like a great birthday for 3 great years.

White Family said...

Sososososososososososo sorry I’ve fallen off the face of the blogging planet! I’m desperately trying to get back on and catch up on everything I’ve missed. Happy Birthday AVA!!!!! You’re a sweet and booty-ful girl! I’m so glad your wicked awesome parents had you. You add such spunk and spark to this world and I LOVE hearing all the entertaining things you pull off to make your mom’s life interesting. I cannot even tell you how much I love how excited she got over Taco Bell. That is hilarious!!! She’s a girl after my own heart. Such a sweet post. I love the way you write, Katy. Ava’s going to love reading these posts when she grows up. They’re special.