"To be a successful father . . . there's one absolute rule: when you have a kid, don't look at it for the first two years." -- Ernest HemingwayThere have been a lot of amazing fathers in history... everyone knows that. Here are a few that stick out in my head.wait. nope. that's not right.
1) Jack Butler from the movie, Mr. Mom.
This scene was sooo cute... only a Dad could get away with making an analogy of his kid's beloved "woobie" and hard core street drugs.
2) Seriously... who COULDN'T love Danny Tanner and his goofy parenting? Anyone who can be a single parent to all those kids, PLUS their friends (ahem, Kimmie... you one craaaazy girl) and at the end of every single episode, he somehow got the feuding siblings to hug-it-out is alright by me.

3) Bill Cosby. The epitome of Father back in the early 90's. He's so rad.
(now, I GET IT... they're all t.v. fake dads--- but I didn't want to really "flex the brain" by thinking of truly amazing fabulous REAL dads-- besides, who wants to see a bunch of pics of normal dudes? Not Me.)
4) That being said. Jack Dunfee. Modern Family. Pure Comedic Genius.
5) Liam Neeson in the movie Taken. He's like Jason Bourne's awesome, butt-kicking dad. And WHY is he more awesome, you ask? Because he's all about saving his daughter. Hard. Core. Badness.
6) Guido from Life Is Beautiful. Tear-jerking love of a Father.

7) John W. Aaron, III. What can I say... he did a great job with what he had! You'll never meet a more down to earth, humble and truly good man. He's a wonderful husband to my dear mother and I'm grateful that he has shown me how a man should treat his Sweetheart. My dad is a constant good example to me. And he makes one really cute Grandpa! I love you, Dad. Happy Father's Day.




8) Richard L. Wilson Jr. My awesome Father-in-Law. He's got it all; humor, spirituality, and genuine care for everyone around him (sometimes TOO MUCH care, right, Mom Wilson?? ha!) I can't ever thank him enough for are his invaluable lessons he taught his sons. The Wilson Boys are truly amazing men. And I may be biased, but I do believe I married the best of them. I love when T says, "I'm going to do it like my Dad did it...". Love ya, Dad Wilson.

9) Jean Claude Ronin. Oui, oui! JC is totally one of my beloved Dads. He's completely fabulous. I love him because my sweet birth mother loves him and he loves her. He takes such great care of Hi Suk, and no one could ask more from a sort-of-step-birth-father! Oh and he makes one AMAZING step-birth-grandfather. Ava's a very VERY spoiled Petite Mademoiselle (which is the CUTEST nickname JC calls her). Love ya, JC- Happy Father's Day-- give Alexis our love too!
10) Matthew Taylor Wilson. There just are not enough words to explain what sort of father Taylor is. There are not enough photographs that show his immense love for his baby girl. Their relationship is full and inspiring. Taylor is good at the grand gestures, but he excels at the small ones. Thank you for kissing ouchies, putting her to bed Every Single Night, cuddling with her when you come home from work, doing her crazy hair, rubbing her back, teaching her love and patience and how to do puzzles. Thank you for making us Both feel completely adored. We love you, T-Daddy.
10) Matthew Taylor Wilson. There just are not enough words to explain what sort of father Taylor is. There are not enough photographs that show his immense love for his baby girl. Their relationship is full and inspiring. Taylor is good at the grand gestures, but he excels at the small ones. Thank you for kissing ouchies, putting her to bed Every Single Night, cuddling with her when you come home from work, doing her crazy hair, rubbing her back, teaching her love and patience and how to do puzzles. Thank you for making us Both feel completely adored. We love you, T-Daddy.
A couple pictures from Ava's third birthday
And if I recall..... You posted a crazy pic of me on Mother's Day, right?


13 comments:
what a sweet/hilarious post!!!!! your family is so cute. :)
What cute pictures! I especially love the silly one! I hope Taylor had a great Father's Day!
Loved this post! And I would have to agree...Jack Dunfee is a good dad... or maybe just ridiculously funny!
Those are adorable pictures of Taylor. He is a good dad!
aww that was a really cute post! I have a little tear in my eye (I know I am pathetic). You have quite the fathers in your life, that is awesome! I love the twist from the movies..too funny.
Oh and in church today a guy got up and in his talk quoted the first quote you said about not looking at your kid. It was funny. I don't think too many of the serious old ladies liked it though :)
What a lovely post! I agree these are all amazing fathers! Happy father's day to them all!
Katy- What a wonderful post, I love it!
So cute. I love that you remembered Danny Tanner AND Bill Cosby. And any dad that will climb through bouncy toys is top drawer in my book.
I love Father's day posts. I didn't know your Dad was III, and your father-in-law is a JR. where's Taylor's title? Your Dad really is a great guy... I love that picture of you two.
Modern Family is THE best ever. Phil is the funniest part of the show too. Great post about all the awesome dads, even if they are fake ones. Taylor seems so cute with Ava, I can't believe that he can do her hair!! What an awesome dad!!
Although I haven't been right there with you guys as T has been a dad, I can only imagine what an amazing dad he is!! love ya T, happy fathers day! love, the bennetts
ps, i'm glad mike was able to talk to t finally!
SOOOO behind, but wanted to say that your ALWAYS crack me up--Brandon would totally agree with your on your TV dads choices. :) lol
That Taylor is sure a great guy! Seriously glad you have each other. :)
You do the cutest darn posts :) Mine are so flippin boring I could bore you to death. Anyway, loved seeing the pictures!
You do the cutest darn posts :) Mine are so flippin boring I could bore you to death. Anyway, loved seeing the pictures!
Too cute!!! I love the tributes that have been made this day. I totally get chillified every time I see that clip from Taken. I totally wish Kyle could be that bad arse of a dad. I just don’t know if he could pull it off though. I’ve never seen Modern Family but seeing that clip makes me wan to really bad. I’ll have to check it out because if Kyle can’t be Liam then he definitely needs to try and be Jack Dunfee! Hahahaha so hilarious! He’s totally crip!
Post a Comment