Saturday, November 13, 2010

Ava's Day

Being Taylor's day off, we planned a big, fat awesome day for Ava to do whatever she wanted.  Here's what happened.

First of all: she requested to go to the SMILEY STORE or SUNNY STORE... which is Wal-Mart.  Yes.  Of all the wondrous places this little town has to offer, she chooses Wal-Mart.  Oh and she aptly named it such because of... well... you know...
 

After a little discussion and some cajoling, bribing, and dropping key phrases like LOT'S OF TOYS and PLAY FOREVER, we opted for KMart instead.  KMart, we love you and your customer-less store full of empty aisles where we can get every single toy from the shelves and go nuts.
 

She had her choice of Christmas cartoon and picked out:
This girl is like her Papa Wilson... they both love their Scooby Doo!

Then it was lunchtime... and since McDonald's is conveniently placed in direct line of site from KMart's doors, guess where she picked for lunch?  I didn't mind... I was just hungry.  And she wanted to play in the indoor play yard while Taylor and I ate her french fries on the sly.  She was overly excited about her MegaMind toy though.  If only she'd stay just as easy to please forever.  And ever.  And Ever.
 

Lunch was over and we went to the park and played for a while before she said the "Snow got her nervous".  She's been getting "nervous" over some strange things lately.  Like the other day... it was turtles.  Seriously.  I wouldn't lie about turtles.

After lunch we made it just in time to go to Ava's very first theater movie experience. 


I'm a freak and took photos.  
 
And Taylor let me continue to do so since we were the ONLY ones in the entire theater.  Which was probably a good thing, since Ava got really really really excited over EVERYTHING.


HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!  Taylor sitting there, giving me his best crusty-eye, WHISPERING, "Stop. Taking. Pictures!!"  hahahahahah!!!!  Oh, my heart... love that boy.  So much patience!!!

Love You, T...
The previews sent her into a giggling tizzy and the actual movie... well, let's just say there's a MAJOR clean up job where we were sitting.  The popcorn flew like Mardi Gras confetti.  She was in heaven and so was I.  I'm a proud Mama Bear, alright?  My girl and I can hit up the chick flicks any day now...

But for now... we have to settle on watching Care Bears: Share Bear Shines. 
 
Wow.  We really love our kid.  And maybe love isn't always enough... Taylor couldn't take it and after about 20 minutes into the movie, he asked to be excused: run some errands, read a book, wait out in the car, pluck out his eyeballs, ANYTHING else as he waits for us. 

It took Ava another 20 minutes to even REALIZE he was gone.  When I told her he was in the car, she said, "Daddy's in time out?  Oh noooooo..."  then she shrugged like she just couldn't care less about the matter.  Crazy. Little. Nugget.

We got home and we (Ava and I) snuggled on the couch (as Taylor, blessed Taylor, cleaned the kitchen) and watched Scooby Doo.  Then all three of us fell asleep for nearly two hours. 

Oh this day.  Glorious day.


*Ava: remember this day?  I really hope you do...  I know Dad and I will.  We had a perfect, perfect time together.  Thanks!

18 comments:

Michelle said...

Ava's one sweet,cute,lucky girl! You guys are great parents...and I'm impressed Taylor made it 20 minutes...I couldn't have dragged Robert in.

Lori Harris said...

You are such awesome parents!! What a great day for Ava. Love it!

Anonymous said...

i love that Ava thought Taylor was in time out! So cute!

Erin said...

I absolutely LOVE days like this for this very reason! I find such joy is watching my children get so excited about things they love and experience. I just wish I was like you and took more pictures!! You and Taylor are such good parents!!!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous day! I LOVE that you took pictures inside the theater! Ava is one lucky girl!

Anonymous said...

Ah, Carebears!!! That's what we've been watching lately...The Giving Festival. Sounds like a fun day. Someday we'll be able to ask Maya what she wants to do and she'll say more than 'Carebears' or 'Ponyo.' Cute little Ava....growing up so fast.

Becki R said...

You are such a good mom! How fun for her! Thanks for sharing your fun day!

crystal carlson said...

You guys are so awesome! What a fun day together! We still haven't taken Jace to the movie theater--I'm sure he would love it too though! Ava is such a cutie & I can't believe how long her hair is getting!

TheSmithLife said...

I love the sweet simple pleasures of childhood. My kids loooooove the toy aisle at any store... we get to check out the toys at the end if my kids are good while I get the other shopping done. I'm so glad you guys enjoyed a day all planned by Ava- every parent should do days like this once in a while! (Ava's hair is so adorable in those pig tails.)

Kinley said...

I love KMart's emptiness as well. And you two are such sweet parents. How fun. But Carebears are back? Huh... I think it is funny that all these old school things are coming back... anyway, cool. Glad you had an awesome time.

Kristen and Andrew said...

I cannot believe you guys were the ONLY ones in all of the Paramount Theater. What the heck were all the dead beat parents doing who didn't take their daughters to see Carebears?!

Megan J. Dawson said...

Days like that are the best! Ava's such a beauty!

britt said...

so fun! glad you got to do that. btw, I still want to see pics of this new hair cut of yours?!

Rachel Holloway said...

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!

perfect day--and perfect description. :)

You guys are the most fabulous parents EVAH! :)

RileyDestry said...

So cute that she wanted to go to Walmart. Girl after my own heart! Sounds like a fun outing.

Shalee said...

I love that you recorded this day! I've been feeling a little boring because I littlerally have nothing to blog about. Thanks for reminding me that it's not just the big things that happen in life that are worth recording....it's the simple, perfect times that are REALLY worth recording!

Oh and I LOVE that you took pictures in the theater!!! I would have even if it was packed! Gotta record those "firsts"!!!

White Family said...

BTW (I guess I wasn't finished before)every time I need to smile I just look at Taylor's crusty eye picture! Hahahahaha totally makes me roll! Thank goodness for patient men that put up with our torment...and still look forward to coming home to us! It's like they can't get enough!

White Family said...

I don't know why my first comment didn't post! LAME! Anyways I will try to remember what I said...First of all, hello luckiest girl in the world Avaroo! Seriously! You guys can be my parents ANY day! I love all the afore mentioned activities that you guys did! Secondly, please...we all know that Taylor did not leave the movie because he couldn't handle it. He was probably sitting there thinking, "What the?! I can shine 10x better than Share Bear! This is ridiculous!" You too can shine T! You can!
What a splendidly perfect day! We need those more often. I loved all the pictures! That Ava girl is a beauty!