My sweet darling boy. Our lives are complete now that you're here. 2 and a half months have just flown by now and we're trying to savor every second with you being our baby. Sterling, you are incredible... we never could have dreamed up such a wonderful boy, you have surpassed our highest hopes. From the very beginning you have been loved in an incredible way. From your parents who have wanted you for a very long time to your amazing big sister, Ava, who dotes on you and your every need.
Let me just remind you of these first couple of months you've been ours (you may not remember what your life was like at the ripe old age of 10 weeks! :) )
First and foremost... you're an amazing sleeper.... so far! We're still grateful every rested morning and never take your long, LONG naps for granted. Most nights you wake up 2 times to quickly down a few ounces of milk before you pass out again. On those particularly "rough" nights you're up 3 times. Never any more than that. Your Dad and I have a system that works great so we both only get up once a night. So, from your appreciative parents, THANK YOU... being sleep deprived would have made this transition back into infancy much harder for us.
Speaking of "back to infancy", admittedly, I was quite a nervous, anxious wreck before you were born. I spent many sleepless nights worried about how our lives will change with an infant again. Mind you, it's been 4 long years since we've done the baby thing and I practically forgot everything a new mom needs to know-- so I felt like I was starting over back at ground zero here. And it worried me. I wasn't the most graceful or composed new mom when Ava was born. In fact, that's the understatement of the century... I was a mess!!! Overwhelmed, scared, confused.... I felt like I was doing everything wrong. But with you.... I feel like the combination of experience (as VERY little as I have) and your easy going and calm (sleepy) nature has provided me with a major tender mercy from heaven. By no means am I "graceful or composed", as I type this in my stinky workout clothes and my hair not washed for two days, but life just moves at a pace that I can keep up with and enjoy now! I feel true joy and such peace this time around. We all feel so much happiness in our home and I want to thank you for bringing us all closer together as a family.
You still have your fussy moments, of course... you're a baby! But I'll just say this... even your cry is pretty cute. Sorry for the times we let you cry a few moments longer while we smile at you and comment on how "your cry is adorable". I'm sure our attitude about this will change soon... when you get louder and more insistent... but for now, we'll smile.
Oh and your chubby cheeks, rolls a-plenty and multiple chins are incredibly charming!! You're squishy and floppy and gooey and round. We LOVE that!!!! Even though you're a whopping 14 pounds right now, I still call you our "Runt" since Ava had you beat when she was your age. Hard to imagine when you look at all your soft yumminess.
(shadetree photography)
While we were there, you were blessed by your Dad with your Grandpa Aaron and Papa Wilson in the circle. What an amazing experience for us. I loved the Spirit we felt in your Uncle Rico's home and the intimacy of our families only being in attendance. Your Dad gave a beautiful blessing, full of love and hope for your future.
Love,
Mom








4 comments:
How do you stop kissing those cheeks? You are so blessed. Thank you for sharing these moments.
That's a big boy. He is gonna be in the michillen baby club! He is so cute in those smiley pictures! Good work.
He.is.absolute.PERFECTION! You are such a sweet mommy too. I wish I could have this perspective more often for my children instead of thinking they are rabid animals out to get me every second of the day.
Oh man, way to choke me up! What a sweet boy! He is so cute! I need to come and meet him ASAP! I'm so glad you guys are experiencing him and this time. I have similar memories with Max. Let's just say, there is much more joy to come:). I just want to eat this guy up!
Post a Comment