Monday, September 5, 2011

Idaho State Fair

 We had ourselves a grand time this Labor Day weekend as we grilled outside, went to Kung Fu Panda 2, celebrated a friend's birthday and went to the State Fair for the first time in Blackfoot. 

Ava had a blast riding her first carnival rides ever.  Watching her laugh and wave to her "adoring imaginary fans" made spending so much money on tickets worth it...... wait, she ALWAYS laughs and waves to her "adoring imaginary fans".... did we just get played? 


 
My fans love me.
 
Taylor's expression is priceless
 
  Anyone ever wonder what the backside of a pink flying elephant looks like?
Well, wonder no more.


NEXT...
Taylor wanted to ride the kiddie roller coaster
by himself....

I kid, I kid...
She joined him, of course!



Sterling was a champ.  He did what he normally does... just chills.
It's true what they say:  Fat and Happy.
(until you hit your 20's... then that old adage is just pure, false crap)

Oh and he got hungry (can't you see him withering away??) and ate his way out of the baby carrier.

Can't go past a carousel without catching a ride  


HEY, Ava!  I'll give you a million dollars if you look at the camera one time.

 Well, THAT'S a mischievous look.  Maybe I should keep the million dollars this time.


 Then there was the petting "zoo".  Since when did the definition of ZOO get confined to "a large gathering of hungry goats, one shy emu and a handful of sleepy sheep"?


  
At least ONE girl didn't mind that this petting "zoo" was a bit lacking.

This made me chuckle.  Ever since her horseback ride, Ava has been VERY cautious about making sure every animal she encounters gets to smell the back of her hands before she touches them.  Better safe than sorry, but I'm sure the kittens she introduced herself to a few days ago didn't care one way or the other about the back of her hands. 



 On a totally unrelated note, one that I can't justify a whole new post to write about, Ava has a new friend.  His name is Alex and she informed me about 4 days ago that he is her boyfriend.  But when asking her the very next day about Alex-the-Boyfriend, she vehemently denied boyfriend/girlfriend status.  They're just friends... and Taylor is just fine with that.

 Today I was in the other room, putting laundry away, as Ava and Sterling were in the kitchen watching a cartoon on Netflix together.  I walked in on this:
She had given Sterling her dog, Blackie, to cuddle with and he must have loved it so much he passed out on him.  


What terrific little people I hang out with every day.

14 comments:

The Matlocks said...

They are adorable, and you are hilarious. Great seeing you!!

Ami Paulsen said...

It takes a real man to ride in a hot pink elephant. Good job Taylor.

Rachel Holloway said...

Did I honestly read FIRST TIME to the fair?! WHAT THE!?YOU ARE SOOOO missing out! :)I am SO in love with all your pics. They are simply magical--I mean, girl, you make Blackfoot look like Disneyland! :)

Angie said...

What a fun post! Your little people are adorable! :)

Mrs. Boojwa said...

OMG, I just want to pinch Sterling's cheeks!!! And I wish Taylor really did ride the kiddie ride solo. :)

RileyDestry said...

Love the fair. And you earn the Best Parent of the Year Award for giving up fair food for your child. That takes will power.

Lori Harris said...

Yummy fair food!!! Love it!

I can't believe the chubs. I love it too!! Sterling is so cute!!

Ava is growing up too fast!! Crazy.

Take care.

Megan J. Dawson said...

I lOVE what a chunk Sterling is! Seriously, how do you carry him around in a carrier?! Ava is SO beautiful!

B-Blogit said...

Fat and old definitely not true after 20 and worse after 30. That little girl is cute. That goat looks like it is trying to escape or kill itself. Also that baby boy is so cute with chubby cheeks

Unknown said...

How fun! I love the eastern Idaho fair! I am so bummed we didn't get to stick around for it! You got some pretty priceless pictures! That Sterling is precious and Ava is a doll...as usual!

Kristin W. said...

Fairs are my favorite! Looks like everyone had a blast! Man sometimes it seems like Sterlings cheeks are just gonna pop out of the computer and let me gently squeeze them--he is such a cutie pie! I think you should move to New Mexico so we can play!

Blank said...

The fair looked like so much fun. I love how excited kids get about rides. Um, I love Ava's hair, it's so long. Your kids are so cute. Sterling looks so chill about everything.

{Alynn} said...

Um, that kiddie roller coaster clown thingy is totally creepin' me out.

Just sayin'.

Hope I run into you and your adorable offspring (and maybe even Taylor!) at another random place soon!

Kristen and Andrew said...

Oh my gosh. The Idaho State Fair should buy these pictures from you to advertise for next year's fair. Not only are the pictures amazing, but they show the true diversity SE Idaho offers. ;) Beautiful family katy! Miss you!