Friday, May 4, 2012

Remember December????....

... and January and February and March and April???

Well, I barely remember them since they were SO LONG AGO.  I've been putting blogging off for many moons now because the sheer mass of photos, stories, and shtuff is just ridiculous.  BUT here I am... at 4 in the morning, slapping photos together in crude storyboard formats and hastily jotting down the high points (or the points I remember). 

Here we go. 

First:  Do you remember a billion years ago when I got my dream come true free photoshoot by an amazing photographer, April Farnsworth?  I completely spaced posting the final photos I chose... so here they are...


 
I think the photos turned out wonderfully... just what I wanted. 

Let's just go chronologically here, people.  I'm really less of a multi-tasker and more of a one-trick pony, a linear thinker.  So we start waaaaaay back in December of 2011 (cue wavy dream clouds to transport us to a different time...)

Christmas was spent at our place again this year and it was truly a good holiday (from what I recall).  Christmas Eve was spent with us inviting our friends, the Hursts and the Killians over for some festive fun.  After we let the kids open up their Christmas pajamas, we let the kids decorate cookies (read: smear frosting on every surface they could find while shoveling candy into their wide-open mouths) as we adults ignored them and played a fun game called Dicecapades (I think that's the name). 
 Christmas morning finally came.  I was spotty (at best) with my camera while Ava opened her gifts.  Sterling actually slept until nearly 10am so we didn't (couldn't) wait for him.  Ava scored with some good loot (trust me, we only got her a few things we bought earlier in the year and saved up... dress ups are a great, cheap gift).  And when Sterling finally woke up, he had more fun with the trash than anything else... I wish that phase would stay forever. 
 (The middle photo in the bottom row cracks me up... it's just one of MANY pictures we have of the poor guy being forced to play dress up with his sister.  He's one patient "fairy godmother")

December was kind to us.  We thoroughly enjoyed the super-mild winter.  Hope everyone had a great holiday!  Merry Christmas!!!!  (extremely super insanely late)

 And to end December's photos, I have a few outtakes from the photo files. 

 January is next.  And unfortunately I must have been allergic to the camera that month because I only have a few pictures from January's files.  The major thing that happened was this:
Glorious.  Despite the lack of hair on TOP of his dome, Taylor is mighty proud of the face hair. 

January, I'm sorry but I just don't remember you at all!


But in February, I get a little better.  But only a little.

 *sobbing* My babies are growing up.  So incredibly fast.  I'm not at all happy about that.  I'm contemplating wrapping them up like little Chinese women's feet.  Please don't call CPS on me.

In this next series, I want to take a moment and show the many faces of my son.  He's working on becoming America's Next Top Model.  I advised against it, but he seems to have taken a liking to the circus freak show that is Tyra Banks.  Work it, Baby.
 Other than being the handsome git that he is, Sterling's pretty cool.  He's chubby and cuddly (my favorite kind) and a pretty happy boy.  Unless he's teething... then he's a bear who wants to hug you ALL the time with his snotty nose and his whiny growl.  Fun times.  We're grateful for his sleeping habits, this is one area he has never let us down in.  As of today (not back in February) he's a timid walker (only about 5-10 steps before he slowly sinks to his bum) and he's an open-mouthed kisser.  With lots of drool and slime.  He loves his family, but he really really REALLY loves his sister.



March!   By March we got about 6 teeth all in the space of 2 weeks.  Two horrendous, hellish weeks.  But we came out of it alive.  And drooled on.  And happier, much happier. 

One day in March, I was in the kitchen (probably wasting my time playing Words With Friends on facebook, but I'll pretend I was doing something like practicing the exquisite art of calligraphy... that way I'll sound much more respectable), anyway back to my story... I was in the kitchen doing something amazing when I looked over and started spying on Ava and Sterling on the couch.  The camera was right there, so I just started clicking away.  Part of me is annoyed that I didn't just record the whole interaction, but they were so quiet that the sound would probably not have picked up.  Nonetheless, it was a pretty great moment... I'm so glad I was able to watch this:
 Ava's growing up quickly.  She and her best friend, Leia, play together almost every single day for hours and hours.  They love ponies, playing "house", tea parties and dress up.  And I love that they let Sterling follow them EVERYWHERE they go, it requires a lot of patience when your little brother is constantly knocking over your tea party table or chewing on your Polly Pockets.  We just registered Ava for kindergarten next year and met her future teacher.  Life moves quickly.  I'm grateful for a fun and caring and quirky daughter who looks after her brother so well.

And now we'll finish off with April, then I'll finally be caught up!!  We went to Rock Springs for Easter with my parents this year.  What a great vacation.  Ava and Sterling got 100% of the attention from their grandparents and even got to play with their cousin, Bella.  The Easter egg hunt was a success (much, MUCH better than the one our little town offers), Ava had a ball.  We went to the Rec Center to swim at the newish indoor water park... that place is Awesomeville.  I wish I had taken my camera out more... but I tend to eat Easter candy with two hands.

We miss being around grandparents, we wish we lived closer.

Now that we're back in good old Idaho, Taylor has started back into school.  He is loving it and we are just happy to be finishing up!  As for myself, I stay busy following my two nuggets around... and they're fast!



17 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

KATY! That was a great wrap up of the past MANY months! lol. I loved watching your kids grow up so speedily! :) I cannot, cannot believe that Ava is SUCH a little lady now. And Sterling is just an adorable little man!
I've sure missed you being around! I hope you are doing well--I think of you often! And I hope you're going to be around Rexburg in August...{wink, wink}

crystal carlson said...

Oh Katy, I just LOVE you to pieces! It was fun to see what you guys have been up to--can your kids get any cuter??? I think not! Glad you guys are doing well--we MISS YOU!!!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I'm so glad you updated! I love your sweet kids. That pic of Sterling snoozing on the couch half sitting in his onsie is SO sweet! I love that Ava is such a great sister.

Anonymous said...

Yay, glad you updated! I've been wondering what you guys have been up to. Love the pics of Ava reading to sterling, so precious! How much longer are you guys going to be in Rexburg? My hubbs and I are panning on running the Mesa falls 1/2 marathon in August. If you're still around we should get together :) pretty sure Asher would love to meet sterling and Ava.

Hi Suk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Hi Suk said...

It's amaging how fast Sterling has changed! He's getting more more cute! And Ava is becoming so tall!
Thanks for keeping your blog, and myself, updated.

Hi Suk & Jc

Kristin W. said...

Can I just tell you how much I've missed your blogging? Seriously, I didn't realize how much I loved reading your blog until you went M.I.A. on me! SOOOO GLAD YOU ARE BACK!! Looks like you've had such a fun couple of months. Your kids are so adorable! I can't wait for the summer and doing so many fun things. Hope you guys have some great summer plans as well!

Michelle said...

Thanks for the update, I've been wondering were you have been. Your family pics are SUPER CUTE!! You guys are all so adorable!

Liz Ricker said...

Love, love, LOVE your posts. Alan has decided to grow his beard out just like manly man Taylor. Hope he takes that as a compliment:) and i can't believe how big your family is and how little you're getting! You seriously look Great! Lucky man that husband of yours;) love you guys!

RileyDestry said...

I'm so glad you posted! When we're gone, I ABSOLUTELY INSIST that you blog daily, because that's how much I'm going to miss you guys. Awesome post.

Mrs. Boojwa said...

Your kids are cute. And it has been a huge bummer that I miss you every time I go to the burg (and I suppose it is not fair I went for less than 24 hours last time I came). But you are funny. Did you ever get the "lady who does nails" comment when you got your haircut? I cut blunt bangs for Ty once, and one of my students told me that. "You look like one of those Asian ladies that does nails." :P Thanks, but no thanks!

Hope we see you in the blogging world sooner next time around :-D

Lindy and Bryce Ellsworth said...

LOVE every single picture you posted, especially the ones from your family photo shoot. Your kiddos are adorable. They do grow up fast, it's unbelievable. Miss you and hope life is perfect!

Matt and Jess said...

My world just became brighter now that I can read your blog again. But seriously I'm glad that you updated. You have some great pictures, and I especially love the series of you spying on them, priceless!

Linley and Austin said...

Katy will you write my posts on my blog, then I think people would actually read it! You are so witty, I love it! Seriously, love the commentary on every post :) I have to tell you, the pics of Ava reading to Sterling made me tear up. Seriously don't you love it! I love when Kylie and Sierra play together and give hugs and kisses. Some of the best moments in life :)

Tina Braegger said...

YAY! You finally blogged!! haha jk! I know you have been busy and up to some great adventures. Your kids are just too flippin cute and you are right just growing up to fast! You guys are one cool family!

Krista & Tyler said...

Love it! Hooray for a post that only has to come every 6 months - those are my most favorite kind! I'm going to start that!!!! I love seeing how life is going for you! Miss your face, and your family is so beautiful!!!!

Breezi@ Not Your Average Fairytale said...

Those pictures of your hubs with the facial hair makes me laugh non-stop. Chip does the EXACT same thing!! And... it looks just as... "cool"... lol!!!

Those kiddos are super adorable- and I love, LOVE your family pictures- You guys are a gorgeous family!