Monday, October 20, 2008

Birthday Weekend!!!

This weekend we took a trip to Utah to celebrate my Birthday!!!! Taylor's awesome brother invited us to go on a double date to a MASQURADE BALL with him and Taunya. Yeah, that's right- how often can you say that you danced the night away at a masked ball???? It was so much fun! I wish, wish, WISH I took more pictures: instead I'll snap some "verbal pics" for you.



All dressed up... it took us all a while to get used to the "anti-sunglasses" effect... hilarious watching us blinking, shifting, squinting, and readjusting to get the masks JUST right!


Taylor "just had this old thing lying around". He looked so handsome! And thanks, Rick, for supplying the awesome masks! It's not a mask without a couple of huge feathers tickling the other side of your face with ever dance move!


Ok: Now here's a few "VERBAL PICS"

*click* the 2008 Chrystler 300C Rick rented for the dance... such a sweeeeeeet ride


*click* everyone dancing to MJ's Thriller (all except me... I was too uncoordinated and ended up nearly tripping three girls with gowns that were way too long in the first place)

*click* all sorts of masks and fun outfits-- I was so happy that people got into it... there were V for Vendetta masks, huge feathery masks, Phantom of the Opera, even....


*click* the Burger King king was there! That was fun!


*click* All four of us DANCED the entire night away.... I give the guys major props for not once complaining or wanting to just "sit this one out"! I love that Taylor had just as much fun as I did, makes me add to the always-growing list of reasons why I love him!

*click* This guy came dressed as a Jester, which is a great costume.... however, he forgot to wear tights- so it just looked like a dude wearing an obscenely short tunic dress and funny shoes (ew. too much leg exposure)


*click* At the end of an amazingly wonderful night, we stumbled back in at 2 in the morning... relieved the sweetheart who babysat for us and CRASHED OUT!!!! That was one FUN DATE!



The next day, we went to Rick's Karate competition in Salt Lake City. Rick's new sport is pretty fun to hear about, but seeing it in action was really cool!

Uncle Rico, Taylor and Ava waiting for some sparring to begin!


All of us! Front: Adam, Lindsey, Ava, me
Back: T, Rico, Jacob, Jaime, Taunya


Rick lands a solid kick during his sparring match... he was awesome!


T catches it all on video


Wish I had more from the competition, but Ava was using the entire set of bleachers and anyone around her as her own personal jungle gym- so she kept me busy!
Anyway, Rick, if you're reading this- thank you so much for inviting us to come to the dance with you... we had so much fun! It was the BEST way to usher in a new year!


Speaking of a New year-- today, I turned 26. A tad crazy, now that I think about it... though I haven't really put much thought into it today. Taylor surprised me with a full day of pure relaxation (slept in LATE, he took Ava and made breakfast, lunch and dinner) what a champion! Thanks, T- growing old with you is pretty wonderful.

Destry and Riley surprised us with some cupcakes and a great gift... thanks a bunch you guys!

Ava helped me out with the candles.

Thanks to EVERYONE who called or wrote and wished me a Happy Birthday-- I've got the best family and friends ever-- I truly believe that! Here's to another amazing year!!

17 comments:

Ashly said...

how flipping FUN. you guys all look awesome! glad you had a great bday!

Globe Trotters said...

What a fun idea- a masquerade ball. And you looked BEAUTIFUL! That is the best way to celebrate- a night on the town looking perty!

Michelle said...

katy you are such a babe!! You look amazing in that dress! What a fun date, that would be so much fun to do something like that. I bet you rocked the dance floor, you were always the best dancer of the bunch! Happy Birthday again.

Kelly said...

WHOA That looks like SO MUCH FUN! That is amazing. Your dress is gorgeous and the masks are awesome. I am so impressed that the guys danced all night long. How fun!!!

angie said...

Happy birthday, Katy! Rick just lives up the hill from us, but we haven't seen him in forever. He has lost a ton of weight hasn't he?! I'm glad you guys had a great time. Where was this ball held? You looked beautiful!!

Tiffany said...

You looked great. Soundslike you had a blast. I am jealous and I don't even like to dance.

Tina Braegger said...

Happy Birthday! Looks liks you had tons of fun!!

crystal carlson said...

Happy B-day Katy! I'm glad you were able to do something fun and you looked so pretty in your dress! I hope you have a great year!

The Murdocks said...

That looks like so much. You are lucky T will go to stuff like that with you and have fun doing it. I would totally have to drag Shayne kicking and screaming the whole way. Glad you had such a fun time -and happy birthday.

Rachel Holloway said...

DANG, DANG, DANG! GIRL, YOU LOOK AMAZING! SOOOOOOOO impressive!

And seriously, T and his brother are twins...right? :)

What an awesome night! Hope your birthday was symbolic of the year you're about to have!!! YOU ARE THE BEST!

Laisa said...

What? You were here again & didn't stop by? (ha ha). I love the pic of you & Taylor at the ball - you guys look GREAT!
BTW....the Chrysler 300 is our dream car. :D
I'm so glad that you had an awesome birthday.....you deserve it!

Love ya!!

DeHaan-Lybbert Familia said...

tag you're it. see my blog :P

Blank said...

Katy- You are one hot mama!!! What a cool birthday. So how do you like 26? I turned 26 on the
4th and let me tell you, it's a little too close to thirty for my liking. Let me know if you guys ever get the urge to come to Cali, you've got a place to stay.

Globe Trotters said...

BTW- where did you get your dress? I LOVE it!

Kristin W. said...

YAY! Happy Very Late Birthday! Looks like you guys had a blast. You look so gorgeous in your dress!

White Family said...

YOWZA! Talk about hello gorgeous, you looked stunning Mrs. Wilson! I can't believe peop came up with that idea, I wish they'd do something like that here, I miss goign to proms and getting dressed in those dresses you only get to ever wear once, I even had a dream about it last night (not a joke)! That looks and sounds like it was so fun. Bythe way I hope you had a an amazingly wonderful outrageously fun birthday! Those cuppy cakes look like they were delish! Congrats on turning 26 and looking not but 18!

Becki R said...

What an awesome birthday!! How fun!! I´m glad that you had a good time and were able to go out with Taylor! But I´m pretty sure you lack a few candles on those cupcakes... just kidding!!