Friday, December 12, 2008

Merry and Bright

Just a few random shots of... you guessed it, Ava-Lou!



Shama commented on my last post how long Ava's hair is getting, so while she was watching Peter Pan the other day, I realized that it IS getting so long! Love her curls, afraid to cut them off in fear they won't grow back!! Does anyone have any advice/stories for this scardy-cat of a Mom?



Snow, snow! Ava is very interested in the cold fluffy stuff (to my utter disappointment... hoping she was going to take after me... take on winter hibernation-style)


She (and Dad) had a GREAT TIME getting all her warm gear on. Mmm-hmmm. Yeah. Right.


Her arms were literally STUCK out to the sides of her... just a tad on the overprotective side when it comes to staying warm.


Zoning out and giving in.
(All this for about 10 measly minutes of her walking around on the sidewalks, tentatively stroking the snow every once in a while)

13 comments:

Michelle said...

She does have beautiful curls! I say just let them grow. There is nothing like soft, curly baby hair! There is plenty of time for a haircut...Just my opinion, for what it's worth..Such a cute girl!!!

Ami Paulsen said...

Oh my goodness! Her hair is GORGEOUS! I'm so jealous. I love the picture of her getting her winter gear on. I feel so bad about all the things we do to our children. They look at us like "Why the crap are you doing this to me you evil woman!" They'll understand one day when they have children. Until then; we'll just have to keep torturing them.

mamasuisse said...

Don't you dare cut those adorable curls!! I just cut Sam's curls off and am still mourning.

Ava's warm gear reminds me of "A Christmas Story." Be careful - she won't be able to defend herself from the neighborhood bully!

Angela said...

Her hair is sobeautiful! I bet the curls are here to stat now....I wouldn't cut it though yet. I love the bundled up picture! Maybe if she could move shed like the snow more!

angie said...

I am on the "don't cut" side. What beautiful hair! I love the look of a little kid bundled up and wadddling around in the snow. That is winter at it's best!

Kelly said...

Don't cut it!! I love love her hair! Why cut it?? Even if its growing in unevenly it'll all even out later, or you can trim it up when its longer. That's what I say. =)

Rachel Holloway said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE HER LOCKS! She is got it going on with those genes! :) SO BEAUTIFUL!!!

And what makes you say you are overprotective in the winter wear department??? :)

Michelle said...

In the picture Ava is in all her snow gear and crying reminds me of the little boy on a Christmas story who can't walk very well because he mom bundled him up so much! I love it!!!

Shalee said...

Have you seen a Christmas story? That is totally what the mom does in that movie...puts so many layers on the kid he can hardly walk! I think its pretty darn funny! You can never be too careful though!

crystal carlson said...

Ava's hair is getting long and it is so beautiful! She looked so cute all decked-out in her snow clothes!

Kristin W. said...

what a cute family! ashlyn hates getting bundled up but loves trying to sneak out into the snow with no shoes when i get the mail. yeah she's weird! i really like your christmas decorating- so inventive and cost effective! and as for the hair- i cut ashlyn's bangs regularly but it scares me to death everytime i do and i think i will go to the kid-friendly "Cookie Cutter" salon for her next cut. i love the curls though!

Mrs. Wallace said...

It's beautiful, let it grow!!!

Kurt and Lacey Kinghorn said...

Don't you dare cut it! There aren't many little girls who have gorgeous curly hair like her!