Dontcha just love The Proclaimers? Total Stake Dance flashbacks with that little ditty.
T, Ava and I set off for a walk... a walk that would turn out to be more beautiful, full of fun conversations, and strenuous than we ever imagined. We started out by the temple and made a 5.4 mile loop (thank you Nike-ipod-mileage-counter-thing-a-ma-bob in my shoe). It was really the so much fun. I feel like one Lucky Ducky to have a husband whom I enjoy talking to for hours and hours still to this day (yes, this was a long LONG walk). Chatting and walking. Walking and Chatting. Ava was singing her songs (lately she's really into "Happy Birthday" which sounds like this: "Haaaaaahhh peeeee Haaaaaaaahhhhh Peeeeee...." then she waits until Dad and I join along. It's a work in progress. We're hoping to take this beasty walk and turn it into a "THING" we do... at least once a week... We HOPE. When all was said and done, let me just tell you... my feet, legs and booty were FEELING IT-- time for foot massages from Taylor!
T? Taylor? Where'd you go? Why are you running awaaaaaay??
T? Taylor? Where'd you go? Why are you running awaaaaaay??

Cute lil' Duo. Based on his smile you'd never guess this was really a 10% grade hill (ok, no, that was a lie, but really I was panting while I took this shot)

Near the end the clouds came out to join in on the fun.
In other news:
Our friend, Riley, helped me out with some action shots a few days ago-- I'm still a Mega-Novice when it comes to action photos... he's a good sport enduring my demands, "AGAIN, AGAIN, AGAIN... oops, didn't get that one, AGAIN!" I'm sure he was bummed having to come out and play at the skate park instead of doing his homework. Here are some of the finished products.



9 comments:
Wow, what a walk! Those clouds look mean. I love your action shots, they look professional!!
diggin' your photos, Kate!! you're inspiring me :) and motivating me to update my blog--it's been a while....
I went on a Mega walk today too, unfortunately it was by myself. I walked up to the rehabilitation ctr and that was all the hill I could take. So I made my way down to Porter Park. A lovely day for a walk....a long walk.
Oh yah, that Jon Schmidt arrangement you've got to the right....FREAKING AWESOME. Someday I'll own a grand piano....someday.
Holy crap, you're good with that camera! Even when the medium is not so fetching. Haha just kidding Riley. I love the taking of walks with husbands and childs. Although I usually end up on the opposite side of the road giving Kyle the silent treatment by the time we get home. Either our walks beat the tar out of your walks as far as length goes or we need to sit down and chat about where the spark went. I blame pregnancy hormones. That's why you should go get you some of those 'mones, that way you have an excuse for EVERYTHING! Why are you so fat? I'm pregnant! Why did you forget my birthday? I'm pregnant. Why are you outside soaking up the sun while drinking mimosas? I'm pregnant. Why do you need sushi, pizza, and ice cream all at once? I'm pregnant. You get the idea, it's GREAT. Kyle came in while iwas writing this and demanded that I clarify that our marriage is not on the rocks, and we're hotter than fire crackas, sizzzzzzle! So true.
WOWSA, WOWSA! I am telling you miss THANG that you are awesome possum with that camera! Seriously, impressed to the MAX with the things you have been able to do with it!
Katy, I just think you need to love I love ya! Thanks for all you do for me!
are you getting into photography? It's becoming a big trend. Lots of my friends are doing photography, which is kind of funny bc its something I really wanted to do when I was in high school (like I took a photography class, and really wanted to do for reals photography). But I'm not the one into it now, and all my friends who didn't have an interest in it, are doing it now! Funny. But you are pretty talented. What kind of camera do you have?
Nice stroll. Wish Grace would last for a walk that long- lucky! You guys are great. Awesome pics as always.
Post a Comment