Time to Par-TAAaaayy!
We finally got around to throwing Ava's Party today. It was a HOT day all day long... until we wanted to have our Pool Party, then the clouds came out (typical Idaho) and the chill made for a few hesitant swimmers. But once the kids warmed up to the pool, it was full-fledged fun to be had by all! Here are some pictures of today's antics (there are Many, Many pictures).
Oh and I'm taking a LONG break (hopefully) from blogging, I'm spending too much good, quality time from The Hubs at night while I do this-- so see ya when I see ya!
Oh and I'm taking a LONG break (hopefully) from blogging, I'm spending too much good, quality time from The Hubs at night while I do this-- so see ya when I see ya!

Ava * Brian * Beatrice * Andrew

WEEEE! I love this picture, it looks like she's going so FAST but she's really not

Oh the fun

Time for a quick break...

of Cupcakes and Juice

Warming up our little Icicles. It really was cold, we're impressed the kids stayed in the water for as long as they did. Must be hard up for some good old fashioned summer fun.

Presents! Oh Ava is so very spoiled. She got great things from her friends and family. Cute clothes, books, a tricycle, a scooter, a Barbie phone, and a swimming pool. Thanks all!

Khyla and Ava took many eating breaks. Hungry, hungry Hippos.

Singing to Ava and blowing out those candles. No, she's not 19 years old, I just wanted to make a "2" with all the small candles (we've been practicing blowing out candles... she was very proud over herself) Ava got some help from her friends too!

Showing off her cycling skills

After the party T, Ava and I went home and did the ritualistic personal-sized cake (is it a Ritual when you've only done it ONE other time? Hmmm....)
Now, if you know Ava at all, you'll know she NEVER turns down sugar (EVER) just like her Mom. But she was pretty weak with this whole cake in front of her. Ava just licked a little bit of frosting and insisted on using a fork to take a couple of healthy bites and that was it! Oh, except she DID eat three candles before I could run over and take the rest. Seriously, ATE them.

This is all she ate (sigh... cake lying around the house, never a good thing for me!)
Happy Birthday, Lou!





13 comments:
Katie, it all looks so fun. I can't believe that Ava is that old. Wow. You did everything so well, what a good mom.
Looks like a fun party! Spending more time with the husband is never a bad thing. Just keep us posted every once in a while!!
What a fun party and great pictures! I love the action shots on the slide. And Ava's swimsuit is to die for!
I am so sad we missed the party it looked like a blast! That's so funny that she ate the candles sounds like Kobe! I love the slide picture whee.
Katy you have got DEFINITE talent in the photo department! And it looks like it was a great party! Ava is lucky to have such awesome parents for sure!
happy birthday to my 5th favorite sugar baby in the world....
(sorry...but what kind of mother would I be if I ranked her 1st? or 2nd, 3rd or 4th, for that matter...)
anyway--WE LOVE YOU, AVA!!! love, auntie ashly and company
I'd definitely help you poilsh that cake off in 2.6 seconds if I were there, YUMMY! What a fun birthday party! I love love love Ava's expressions in the pictures, pure bliss! That is what every mother can only hope to see as the best "thank you" for planing and throwing an awesome birthday party for their child. You're such a rad mommy! Happy birthday Ava dear! Chase so very very much wishes he'd been there for all the festivities. As soon as he saw the pictures of the cupcakes and cake he yelled over and over, "CAKE, CAKE! CAAAAAKKKKKEEEEE!!!" We might be making cupcakes this week.
Fun partay and GREAT pics- good job super mom! Birthdays and kids are the best and it looks like Ava would agree. Good think Grace wasn't around that cake, she might have decked Ava to get ahold of it. It's sad she's inherited such a strong love of treats from me. Happy Birthday Ava!
Ok, so I started taking metty in October of '06 and my eggo be prego in November of '06. So it kicks in pretty quickly, although I've hear it can be anywhere from 0-6 months before it works its magic. Aly P also asked her doctor if she could try it when they were having issues and voila! The very next month was a success. As for running goes I believe I started training to run a 4th of July 5k in May of last year and just continued running only 2-3 days a week up until I found out I was pregnant in October. I actually didn't run for the first 11-12 weeks of pregnancy because I didn't know for sure if it was safe and I didn't have my first appointment until 11 weeks along. They all still gave me the go ahead. I definitely don't have the same endurance and stamina that I did before I was pregnant but I figure that's ok and normal because I am pretty darn pregnant. Wow, you thought your comment was long! Myabe you should go grab some twizzlers and milk duds before you sit down to chew on this one! Now I really want twizzlers and milk duds mmmmmmm.
Ava is such a cutie! I love her little belly poking from her swimming suit! :) It's just like my chubby kids and definitely one of my favorite things about them. Happy Birthday Ava!
Happy B-day to Ava! It looks like her party was so much fun--I'm just sad that we weren't around :( I loved all of the pictures! The kids looked like they had so much fun! Way to go on throwing an awesome party!
so so fun!! wish I could have been there!!
Looks like an awesome pool party. I love your camera, it takes such great pictures like the one of Ava going down the slide. What a funny girl!
Post a Comment