Friday, July 3, 2009

Documentation

I'll never be mistaken for someone who didn't keep up with all the photo documentation.... must be from the "harsh, picture-less" past I come from. Well, there's definitely no exception when it comes to getting together with family, my trigger finger is calloused and blistering from all the picture-taking I did. So nestle in, folks, this week provided for a ton of "Photo-Foder" from the words of my lovely sis, Ashly.


We made a speed-trip down to Utah because the whole family would be down (with the exception of Ash's hubby, Tim). It's so great to see everyone, we don't get together near enough in my opinion. The trip was short, but we packed in a LOT!

First off, we hit up Adam's softball game-- well the last part of it anyway. We got there just in time to see him step up to bat, hit a nice line drive and get on base. He even made his way all around to home plate... (and THAT, my dears, is about the extent of my baseball knowledge... hit, run, run, run, try to get back to where you started)


"Run Home, Jack! Run Home, Jack!"
Name that movie.


Sweet Dallin and Uncle Rico watching the game.

I'm picking out the highlights, but trust me... the entire, unedited, unabridged version is all tucked away on the hard drive... oh how I love to click.


Then we all just sort of kicked it at Rick's home... thanks for letting us Crash the pad, Uncle Rico! You da bomb.


All dem Wilson's! (and a Bingham-formerly-known-as-Wilson)
I love this family.
ps. Ash and Adam, thanks for looking at me. Taylor and Rick, thanksfurnuttin'.


All the girls.

Then we hit up Kneaders the next morning for some breakfast. Have you BEEN HERE??? Ohsweetholymotherlandofbreadsandpastries. Heaven. Pure, caloric, HEAVEN.


I took more pictures of FOOD, but realized that not EVERY post of mine has to be centered around food... only like, 94% of them do.


Yummy, edible Brooklyn. She's sumptuous.
(here I go again, food just is a major part of my life... sadly)

Okay, back to our day.

After Kneaders, we went to a park to burn off our breakfast-- ok, the KIDS wanted to burn the extra calories (they're soooo concerned about their figures) while the rest of the adults wanted to just veg on the grass. We hooked up with our cousins, Angie and Steven and their AWESOME kids to play-- so glad we got to see them!


Brooke, Austin, Dallin, Chase and Natalie
lined up to "toss the ol' pigskin around"


Wait just one minute... I think these kids got confused, they don't LITERALLY mean a PIG! Oh Well. Here's Austin, he's just the sweetest! And look at that form- when he makes it into the Big Leagues, I'll most definitely be one of those CRAZY COUSINS that come out of the woodworks to cash in!


Just a-swingin' away


I just love this ball of sunshine. She's most definitely my favorite child.
Papa in the background is one excellent pusher... at one point he had 3 girls going all at once- that's talent.

NAPTIME. Blessed Naptime.

Then once we wake up, we hit the ground running. Off to the pool!


Madison, oh Madison- how we just love your spunk and spice!!
Ava and Madison-- you may not know this now, but you'll be best friends one day (after the fights over who's hat is whose and when Ava stops freaking out over you touching her stroller, arm, Daddy, etc... I'm sure that will subside... one day.... right?)


Taylor and Natty trying to get Ava to think of anything other than her uncontrollable shivering.


I think it worked... whatever they did.


Dallin, you are a stud with your mohawk and your stunning eyes.
(do STUDS wanna be known for their stunning eyes? I'll have to Google that)


Natalie, you're gorgeous. Plain and simple.
Not many women can pull off clorine covered, wet, clinging-on-the-side-of-the-pool-with-crazy-goggles-perched-o-the-head look like you do.
I know I can't.

After the pool, we went to the Thankgiving Point Gardens. Hello Paradise, nice to finally meet you. It was heavenly. Everything about it was magic- if you're in the area, Please, Please, Please go and rediscover your inner Mary Lennox ( you know, the girl from The Secret Garden).

Warning... many many flower pictures... so many that bees are sure to come and try to pollinate your computer screen. Ew. That was sort of gross.






I love the lollygagging nature of the pink carnations going down the hill. Like they're saying, "We don't care about straight lines, baby, we're too pretty to care".


SIIIINGIN' In the RAAAIIN




Kids Smelling Lavender. Does it get ANY better than this?


I'm wondering when they're gonna invent "Scratch n' Sniff Blogs"... they can call it "Smlogs-- Smell Logs". The flowers and rainfall and freshly cut grass all combined to make a mouthwatering glorious scent. Again, Paradise.
Get on it, Al Gore.


It wouldn't be complete without a Happy Little Babbling Brook crawling along, now would it?




Not what I was envisioning, but I like that I got Ash and Natty walking side-by-side together.


Are you getting sick of the flowers yet?

No?

oh good, I've got MORE.




These red spiky thingies (and who doesn't think I'm a professional gardener?) are incredible. Ashly and I were all over these. With the water droplets gleaming in the sunshine, these made for some terrific subjects. They LOVED getting their 15 minutes of fame.




Makes me think, "Wow, I can make the most amazing wreaths with these". Then I remember, "oh yeah, I don't make wreaths".


I'm almost done with the Garden pictures, I promise.






Cutest Duo West of the Mississippi


Hello, Dear Adam.

And to wrap things up at the Garden, there is a great little splash park area that we let the kids go hog wild in. Very cute Noah's Ark theme. It came complete with a possessed bird who would fly into unsuspecting victims' hair and try to peck their eyes out. Seriously, this bird was nasty.






These girls are funny to watch. They'd have the greatest time just splashing each other, but once Ava got water in her eyes... GAME OV-AH... she's sensitive.


Love this picture. The Hubs and his Favorite Sister.


Brooklyn... zoned? Bored? Shocked at the Bird who is snatching little children away?
Whatever she's thinking, we LOVE this child!
Not to mention, we got to witness her first steps on this vacation!!! What a BIG GIRL!



Whew, what a great mini-vacation/getaway.
Thanks, Papa, Beboo, Ash, Natty, Dallin, Madison, and Brooklyn for braving the long trip out to see us! Thanks Rick and Adam for just being pretty much the coolest bro-in-laws/uncles ever!

We LOVE you all!

19 comments:

Sharee said...

First of all, the name of the movie is "Hook". Second of all, that sounds like a really great mini adventure, and I'm the tiniest bit jealous (would be more if I didn't have an adventure of my own coming up). And turd, I mean third, GREAT pictures! You are so good to take your camera with you EVERYWHERE!!!!!!! I wouldn't even doubt that you sleep with your camera and Taylor ends up on the floor or couch. That's okay though, I like where your priorities are ;)

Katy said...

Sharee, um i don't know what you're talking about, I let Taylor sleep with me and the camera like 4 nights of the week.

Liz said...

I love Hook - I was so excited to hear a quote from that movie - it's been too long.
And I love all the pictures you took - they are absolutely beautiful! What kind of camera do you use to get all that detail?

Megan J. Dawson said...

Your pictures are beautiful... what a fun trip.

White Family said...

First off, I LURVE all the garden pics they are gorgewah (gorgeous in french, I'm classy). Secondly I am very dissappointed that after raving about this breakfast the only pics of the food I got was a big ol fat loaf of bread. I WANT TO SEE THE FOOD PICTURES! Third why is "Noah" carrying a trident thingy majig? It's like Noah meets the Little Mermaid, who built this little splash place? I do have to say though, that it looks like it's a lot of fun for da little uns. Ok and lastly and most importantly, Ava is gorgeous! She is really starting to lose her little baby face and she's one stunning little doll face. Yowza! Taylor's gonna have to be on high alert when this little number starts going on dates. Poor guy. Love love love all the pics, I know I've said this before but you've got a way with that camera of your. Seriously seriously B-E-A-YOU-tiful pictures. I can't wait til our family photo shoot. YOU PROMISED! Ok, so you didn't promise, you suggested it, and I took it as a promise made from you to me written and signed in blood, only to be broken in the event of a sudden and untimely death. That's just how we do! BTW I miss you Katy Louisa Wilson!

Katy said...

Jess, i LOVE your comments, I always have a side stitch after reading them, you're one funny gal!!
and just so you know, I PROMISE to do your family pics, signed in blood, sealed with a spit-shake, cemented with a pinky promise!!!
I miss you too, Jessica Verna White!!!!

Jay and Barb said...

You have such an incredible talent with the camera as well as writing. Why aren't you a journalist? Darling, Darling Ava!

crystal carlson said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I LOVED all of your pictures! Don't worry about posting too many food pictures because I love those! I'm glad you guys were able to see the fam! We miss you guys :(

Krista & Tyler said...

um, can you teach me how to be like you?! haha ty and I loved this post-sooooo amazing. Its such an amazing feat and ty loves your camera, and i love you. your blog is so funny and seriously, i can hear you saying every single word of it. ps: love the musica.
oh, and ty wants to know if you'll teach us how to make wreaths - haha

Ashly said...

k-
i was alternating between laughing, getting all verklempt and wishing I could go live at The Gardens. loved this post. love your (my) family. love you. :)

ash

p.s.- thanks for photoshopping my ankles, heel, cleavage and bra strap. you're a dear.
p.p.s.- you really ARE as funny in real life as you are in writing. and so am I. so there.

Katy said...

VERKLEMPT, Oh how I love that word, must find way to use in everyday life!! Ash, you're the best, EVER. And if I was as funny in person as I am in writing, why OH WHY, do people turn on their heels and get the H out of dodge? I don't wanna know the answer, it'll just hurt, i'm sure :)

ps. i forgot to mention that you are the ARTIST behind the mohawk pic of Dallin, you've got SKILZ, baby, Mad Skilz.

Anonymous said...

Katy, you take the most amazing pictures!!! I haven't seen Utah like this....EVER! You definitely brought out the beauty. Nice work.

TJay and Jenni said...

How fun! Hey, can you come and follow my family around and take our pictures. I love your pictures.

Blank said...

So close but yet so far. I did not know you were in Utah this weekend. It looks like you had every second full. Next time, next time. We're planning on coming up to the Rexburg sometime soon. I'd love to see you guys. Your pics are beautiful. It looks like you are having all kinds of family fun. Cousins are the best, they are like automatic friends. Oh and Ava's hair is getting so long and pretty.

Candace said...

Katy!!! I LOVE your pictures, they are all so gorgeous!!!! Seriously. I'm amazed! And the picture of the girl's feet with the umbrella thing perched between them?? You said that wasn't really what you were going for, but I think it's just perfect! I love that you can only seet feet, sidewalk, and umbrella. So cute! And you were cracking me up the whole time I was reading that!!!! I just love reading what you write.. :)

Rachel Holloway said...

You totally crack me up girly!!! What a fun trip! And bring on the food pictures--but maybe that's because I would be your partner in crime. :)

You are rockin' that camera! Seriously!

mamasuisse said...

And there's the fly in my ointment. All this was going on while I was in Hawaii. I can't tell you how bummed I am to have missed seeing all of you, especially Ashly who I haven't seen in years!!

That picture of Brooklyn (thanks to your narration of it) still has me giggling to myself.

mamasuisse said...

Oh yeah, I can't wait to see you guys this weekend and get my hands on squishy Ava!

B-Blogit said...

so jealous of those flower shots! LOVE EM!

movie line was from Hook give us the hook you sorry sliddick packs of entrails! :)