Oh and the rest of you folks who happen to be non-grandparents ... yeah you.
We walked to a park yesterday to feed the ducks and tromp around in the weeds. It was a perfect Sunday and we were happy!
I took along my camera and I'm so glad I did... for Ava didn't run from me wielding the dreaded "kam-wa". It was pretty miraculous- let me just tell you that trying to squeeze in a photo shoot with the girl is worse than getting a root canal.
She's usually a blur across the screen.
Or she's crying.
Or has really crazy bird's nest hair.
Or snot running down her face, and into her mouth.
Or she decides that right then and there would be the perfect time to take off her clothes.
Naked. Nekkid. Bare Butt Nay-kid. It's awesome. Proud mom here.
So here are a few non-snotty, not-blurry, fully-clothed pictures of Sassy Pants Magoo.
I LOVE the way this Seventies Action makes pics look.... (I edited all of them with this seventies theme. Not that I really need to state the obvious)
I wish I were born in the seventies, maybe I could look like this; cool, muted, toned-down, dusky.
But then again, nah... I'd be WAY older than Taylor... and then I'd be considered a cougar. Right?

We encourage our daughter to pick weeds and put them in her mouth for the sake of a good Farmer-esque photo.

...just make a wish


Lucky Parents we are!

Shes' still got a mass of crazy curls, but in the spirit of girlishness and make-overs and boredom, I straightened Lou's hair out a bit. Despite the fact that post-nap coifs are always a tad out of control.


Wow, even Seventies' silhouettes are cooler than the ones made in boring ol' 2009
This isn't the most flattering picture of me and all my "friends" I tuck into my neck... but Ava had just finished giving me a kiss.
A puppy kiss.
Her tongue dragged from the bottom of my chin to the top of my forehead.
Then she barked.
I'm destroying 101 Dalmations. It's a goner.

Lollygagging on the playground. T really was happy about it... he just thought I was video taping him (which I was eventually) and was trying to hide. Behind the two year old.
Well, Taylor and I are going to the oncologist in an hour...
We will just have to see what he says!
Stay tuned....

21 comments:
Love your photos! Ava is so cute. And you look amazing!
Love the pictures of your sweet girl - & you look beautiful!
ava looks so grown up...and so much like her mommy!
Katy, I'm so out of the loop... oncologist? Who? What? I'm so worried for you!
On a lighter note, I LOVE the pictures. My favorite photo is the one with your head thrown back, laughing, right after Ava licked you... you look gorgeous! And I love the seventies action too. Sigh. Just beautiful. :)
Okay, I don't know how I missed the post below... I've got you on my google reader. Sigh. Anyway, I'm SO sorry... you've been through the works, and more. :( I had 3 miscarriages, but never anything like what you're going through... never! You're in my thoughts and prayers.
These pictures are AWESOME! I love the one of you laughing. It's like one of those ads that show the perfect family and they're all laughing together and they look perfect of course.
P.S. Next time I'm in Idaho, will you take some pictures of my family. I'm 100% serious! I would even pay you. You're talented and I want to benefit from your talent.
P.S.S. I'm anxious for news. Big hugs and a sloppy kiss (Oh wait; Ava took care of that).
Hey strong woman!! You look Bee-u-tee-full in those pictures. And I've been struggling with the right words to say...I'm so sorry about this crazy roller coaster ride you've been on. I pray that He will be by your side the rest of the way.
Ava is looking so much older and as always cute as a button. Love her outfit. Katy- you look great! How does your hair always get so long and lush looking in a matter of days, I swear!?! You guys all look really great together.
Holy Cow... your little Ava is not so little anymore. Her hair is so long and she looks so old. I love the pic of her on the bridge with her hair in her mouth- Ashlyn's hair is pretty long and sometimes puts it in her mouth. It just made me think that they would probably be great friends if they lived close. NEWAYS love the pics- definitely dig the 70s look and I have to say the picture of you and Ava is TO DIE FOR!!! So precious, adorable, and you look A-MAZE-ING!!! Hope all goes well with the oncologist. Lately my prayers have seemed to do some pretty cool stuff lately for my friends so I have a good feeling things are going to be ok. Keep us posted!
Cute pictures! Ava is just BEAUTIFUL!! Glad to see on facebook that things went well at the oncologist.
Wow, Ava is sure growing up! Great pictures of the three of you...nice seventies look! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!
Wow, I cannot even begin to tell you just how much I love these pictures. I love the one's of Ava "making a wish" and "being a farmer" and "Sitting on the fence", and ok, I just really love them all. Did I mention that you're oober talented?! You have a fan base here in AZ and in Arkansas and California that you don't even know about. You are really JUST THAT GOOD! I love Ava's oufit too that is so adorably picture perfect. I love your baby fashion sense. Heck I love YOUR fashion sense! Lastly, you look GORGEOUS! I know you've been through a lot lately and it seems to have given you this heavenly glow. I'm not even kidding! You look super thin and just absolutely beautiful. I love everything about these pictures and everything about you Wilson's!
sometimes i wonder if you'll ever find my post amidst all the others...hm. either way, i adore the photos you guys took. you look absolutely radiant and you have such an infectious smile. hope the oncologist is nice :) toni seems to be fond of him, if its the guy i remember.
we miss you. someday, you'll have to let me know when a good time to call shows up in your schedule. i'll phone you again soon!
and, i would just like to say, i love you. xoxo
Min Ji, you're definitely a talented story teller. Whatever you put down in your blog turns out interesting.
And on top of that, I feel honored to be the main recipient (birth mum)!
In spite of your current difficulties, that you take the time to inform remote kins is great and so helpful for us. Be assured that, on our side, you're always in our mind and that we wish you a quick recovery.
Bisous.
HiSuk
Min Ji, you're definitely a talented story teller. Whatever you put down in your blog turns out interesting.
And on top of that, I feel honored to be the main recipient (birth mum)!
In spite of your current difficulties, that you take the time to inform remote kins is great and so helpful for us. Be assured that, on our side, you're always in our mind and that we wish you a quick recovery.
Bisous.
HiSuk
Oh Katy I miss you! You are soo stinkin hilarious :) Love the pics of Ava...beautiful just like her momma! I am so sorry to hear about your miscarious and all that not so fun stuff you had to go through. I hope everything turns out ok for you in the end and before you know it, you'll be popping out another gorgeous child :) I will keep you in my prayers :) Miss you!
Those are the cutest pictures!!! I miss your sweet smiles! So sorry to hear about everything in the last blog! Keep us updated of the news because we are rooting for you! Luv ya! =) Keshia
SOOOOO ADORABLE! Seroiusly you should know that I am SOOOOO JEALOUS of your GORGEOUS hair. And little Ava is goin' to have it too...I can totally tell. She rocks the 70's finish...and you rock at her rockin' the 70's finish. :)
Oh your girlie is beautiful...seriously. Yes, you are very lucky parents but she is also lucky. You guys are amazing!!
i'm loving the Seventies look. Very nice. good job Katy! and oh goodness that baby girl is soooo cute! I love it! I could eat her up!
Katy!! I hope you read this you already have like 89 comments but i miss you guys!! i am new at this whole blog thing but am pretty sure you need to befriend me! or I need to befreiend you ha ha anyway you and your cute family are greatly missed here in the plentiful and bountiful of utah! how sweet would that be if you guys could join us for thanksgiving!! that was so awesome! anyway ava is just the cutest thing ive seen and is getting so big! and she doesnt even remember her aunt brooke...what a shame. next time we are us in idaho visiting gma and gpa downey we will for sure drop in for a little hello. and might i add one more thing you are looking ravishing! really you look great! absolutely gorgeous and i am loving your long hair! anyway hope to talk to or see soon! tell taylor hi!
Post a Comment