Saturday, March 14, 2009

Amazing Race's Newest Competitors!!!!



Season 15 of the Amazing Race held open auditions here in Idaho Falls today- so naturally Taylor and Riley were gunning to go and try it out. The title may be misleading... but I choose to think positively (I sure can go for a half a million bucks these days!). The boys practiced their 2 minute plea last night for a few hours while Destry and I video taped their Many attempts-- but it was the kind of practicing that involved A LOT of laughing and joking around... they were hilarious! They weren't sure how to "market" themselves: the drama team, the father/son duo, the hippies (you know, what they'd be known AS) ... so the two finally decided to just be themselves (which was a major relief because the later the night got, the more flamboyant and ridiculous it became). The Go-With-the-Flow Co-Workers.


The application required one photo of the two contestants together. We call this picture, "Hey, we're BFF's and we should be on the show"-- cute fellers


Here they are in front of the sign-- which honestly I was a tad disappointed with... I mean really, they couldn't fork out for a little more PIZAZZ in their sign?



*NOTE*
This next photo may not be suited for all audiences. We knew there were going to be a few, ahem, Characters at the audition, but I think we found the two that want it a little more than T and Riley.


(tried to blur it, still you get it-- unfortunately)

Taylor and Riley did a great job... remembered MOST of their lines and gave them solid reasons why they should be picked... but when you're up against large white men in diapers and other crazy duos-- the chances of getting picked are slim!


On their way home, it was clear to these boys that, while their wives love them very much, they just don't have what it takes to be on a television show... that, how you say, "j'ne cest quoi". So they decided to drown their sorrows in mounds of Bambino's Pizza. I have a feeling they didn't feel too heartbroken. But in all actuallity, I'm SO PROUD of T for going out there and trying out... I think it's something that we'll talk about for a long time and it makes me smile knowing that my love is still going out there being adventursome-ish! You're the best, T!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome!! I saw Riley and Destry at the store last night and when I mentioned it to Arthur he asked how the Amazing Race went. Now his question makes so much more sense!!! Half a mil.....we could go to any restaurant we wanted (I'm, of course, assuming our good friends, the Wilson's, would pay).

Ami Paulsen said...

I would totally start watching the Amazing Race if Taylor was on it.

P.S. The fat man in speedo is seered into my brain. I can't close my eyes anymore or I see it. You've ruined my life.

Michelle said...

How Fun! Robert and Stephen sent in an audition tapes a few years back. I just don't think they are wild and crazy enough...Come on, give the good guys a break! I just mentioned to Robert that there were tryouts and he's all disappointed that he missed it!

Ashly said...

we should just do a family amazing race- too bad we wouldn't have someone else to pay for it all though :)

Michelle said...

That's awesome!! I love the amazing race and I do what to be a on it one day! I didn't realize you had to audition I just thought you sent in an application. Sorry you didn't make it there is always season 16!

Becki R said...

I think that is awesome that the tried out! I have always said that if I were to go, I would want my big brother Alan to go with me so I didn't think he was going to make it in time for tryouts in IF (He lives in PA) I'll keep my fingers crossed for Taylor!

Liz said...

I love The Amazing Race. I wish they had made it - how fun to have my favorite cousin on the show! There's always next year.

angie said...

As Mischelle mentioned, Robert and Steve sent in an application a few years back. They didn't actually go to an audition. I didn't know they did that. I told them that if they had said they were gay, LDS, brothers...they would have got in! We love the Amazing Race!!!

White Family said...

That is TOTALLY. WICKED. To be honest I think Taylor and Riley have a much better chance than the diaper duo. Those guys would just bring ratings down if you know what I mean, I mean who wants to look at that? Plus they are hilarious and shows like that are always looking for outstanding charcters that people can relate to and become attached to, who wouldn't just adore little T-T Kins? Kyle thinks he's the most adorable man alive, he's always telling me, "Katy is one lucky lady." then he sighs and leaves me feeling really awkward, oh well! I think they're gonna make it!

Rachel Holloway said...

Okay, I am baffled. Was this post a joke? Like, did Idaho Falls SERIOUSLY have a real Amazing Race audtion? OR are you punking us? My jaw is on the floor thinking that of all places, Idaho Falls would have the Amazing Race aidtions!

wow...well, if that was real, COOL, COOL, COOL experience! Bum deal they didn't make it. We are race fans to the bone...and it would have been even better watching them race!

crystal carlson said...

I think it's awesome that they did that! They would have been the coolest competitors ever!

Vrska's said...

Way to Go Taylor and Riley. I must confess Katy that Taylor told me that he had seen my ex-boyfriend at the Amazing Race Audition. I didn't believe him. But it took me seeing that hot and steamy photo of that sexy man,wearing hardly anything, to realize that for sure that is my ex-boyfriend! I can't even believe they ran into each other there, I mean what are the chances of Taylor talking to one of my ex-boyfriends. Hope they had a great conversation!