Happy Halloween to All!
Today started off with a fresh stack of pumpkin pancakes (well, orange-dyed Krusteez mix). Ava was thrilled to help me out (well, getting fudge syrup all over the countertop). Oh and the white one is supposed to be a ghost... but little Miss Antsy Pants was getting hungry.. and Nutella does NOT work for the face!
T just loves his Mullets!
Before work, Taylor whipped up this "Plasma Dispensing Hat" and went as a White Trash Plasma Collector.... oh the nastiness! All those who have worked in the Plasma biz will notice that the bottle on the left is lipemic plasma (fatty) and the right one is, well, contraceptive-filled. The bottles were filled with juices, but please don't gag, he didn't drink out of the bottles! If you look closely, the sexiness just gets better with the WORST facial hair in the history of facial hair. Oh what we do for Halloween.
Now this is better- No mullets here! We went nice n' frugal this year and with the combo came up with Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz- complete with a "not-very-cute Todo" dog toy. But I think Ava pulled hers off very nicely!
Practicing the art of Trick or Treating
Helping me make my "Severed Finger Cookies"
Grotesque
I'm sorry I didn't get dressed up this year... I truly had a PLAN and even the dress, but time just escaped me and before I know it the end of the day is here!
Tonight Ava and I went trick or treating to our neighbors' homes and collected some good loot (when prompted to say "Trick or Treat!" she would just say, "Treat!" That's our girl- priority, right! Then we went to Taylor's work and hung out with him and his co-workers who were closing up for the night- some of the workers dressed up and they looked awesome!
Then we were invited to go to our friends' home, the Porter's, to eat with them their traditional dinner-in-a-pumpkin! It was INCREDIBLE (just like the past THREE years we've had Halloween dinner at the Porter's home!) and it was just so nice to talk and have fun with them and Cassie, Jake and their sister-- Thanks, Aly and Ryan- we had a BLAST and we LOVE your sweet little girl!
AHHHHHH.... contented sigh of relief, the day is over (now on to the next holiday!) Ava just passed out (finally winding down from her major sugar high) and I'm about to go in, cuddle up and watch a movie with T-- oh and eat ALL of Ava's hard-earned candy!
Happy Halloween
Tonight Ava and I went trick or treating to our neighbors' homes and collected some good loot (when prompted to say "Trick or Treat!" she would just say, "Treat!" That's our girl- priority, right! Then we went to Taylor's work and hung out with him and his co-workers who were closing up for the night- some of the workers dressed up and they looked awesome!
Then we were invited to go to our friends' home, the Porter's, to eat with them their traditional dinner-in-a-pumpkin! It was INCREDIBLE (just like the past THREE years we've had Halloween dinner at the Porter's home!) and it was just so nice to talk and have fun with them and Cassie, Jake and their sister-- Thanks, Aly and Ryan- we had a BLAST and we LOVE your sweet little girl!
AHHHHHH.... contented sigh of relief, the day is over (now on to the next holiday!) Ava just passed out (finally winding down from her major sugar high) and I'm about to go in, cuddle up and watch a movie with T-- oh and eat ALL of Ava's hard-earned candy!
Happy Halloween
20 comments:
Your little Ava makes the best dorothy ever! and dinner from a pumpkin?!? creative...and yum!!! love the finger cookies.
Wow it looks like you had a fun filled day! I love your pancakes and finger cookies, I don't think that I could eat the cookies they look terrifying! Ava makes a beautiful Dorothy! Taylor really does rock the mullet has he ever considered one?
Taylor's costume is seriously making me gag. I can hardly stand to look at him. Good job, T. The best costumes are always the ones that bring on the dry heaves!
I love the finger cookies - do you have a special recipe and instructions?
Oh my goodness Ava is so cute I can't stand it. I love the dorothy costume. The pancakes look great (what are you talking about. Nutella works on everything!) and the finger cookies made me throw up a little.
And by the way; at first when I saw Taylor I thought "Is he dressed like a woman again!?" He needs to bring that wig the next time you go to RS!
See, I wish I was that creative with costumes......I'm lazy & just buy whatever! Ava looks so cute! You could've been Toto (ha ha).
Also, about the naughty nurse & killer doctor....we didn't think it would be appropriate to post those pictures on our blog (ha ha).....we are the worst when it comes to dressing up......we just don't! (ha ha)
Ava make the cutest little Dorothy ever, she looks so cute with her little basket of Todo! Seriously when I first saw the picture of Taylor, before I even read the caption I thought, "Gross! He strapped a lipemic bottle and a birth control filled bottle of plasma onto his head!" I got a lot a bit queasy to be honest. It reminded me of the time that Spencer and Ty drank the "plasma" right in front of us and I seriously thought I was going to wretch on them as punishment!
Sounds like you guys had an awesome halloween and BTW I laughed HYSTERICALLY at the picture from halloween last year and I told Kyle he HAS to be a girl scout one of these years and all the rest of us with be his cookies! I love I love it I love it! Oh boy do I miss you so.
That was such a cute costume for Ava! I just can't get over how much I love her curly hair. She looked so cute.
aww ava is just the cutest as Dorthy! And that plasma thing your hubby did kindof freaky..but only because anything to do with needles freaks me out. You two are so clever! And I love the finger cookies...soo funny!!!
How cute is Ava! What a doll. But Taylor's facial hair is the best! I didn't know he's in the plasma biz, very cool.
I'm with Susan, I would love to know how to make the cool cookies! It looks like you guys had a great Halloween!
oh wow. i love it! ava is so cute her face in that first picture is priceless. i just laughed my bum off. and the white trash plasma?! a little sick to see the bottles-especially when you know what that really is representing. haha. and the special haloween treats you made- GO YOU!!! you are such a domestic goddess!
That's the cutest Dorothy I ever saw... :) I seriously got grossed out over those fingers because they look so real!
Ava is such a beautiful little girl. I would love to see her again. She appears to always be soooo happy.
Oh yeah, I forgot, I need your recipe for the severed finger cookies. They look great.
Ava made such a cute Dorothy! Those finger cookies were awesome! I loved Taylor's costume--that was hilarious and a little nauseating :)
Sounds like you guys had a fun day! And I must say that those "Severed Finger Cookies" are awesome!!
Love the Dorothy costume!! Ava is too cute!!
HOORAY for such a fun Halloween! CUTE dress for Ava and AWESOME pancakes. We had the same kind of idea...but we didn't follow through on it. :) Way to be ambitious!
Ok did anyone actually eat those fingers?? I think I would throw up, good job at making them real! Ava is so cute! I miss you girl! We leave in December so we should get together before then.
Spencer says, Should I be worried now about donating plasma??? Oh my goodness Taylor's costume.. that picture is priceless. Sweet dimpleberry was adorable!!!!!!!
Post a Comment