Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Evening Market

Today was CHILL DAY-- we slept in, which felt soooooo good! T and Jean Claude did some gardening together while Ava, Hi Suk and I played with jewels, mink coats and hair bows (very girly morning!) Hi Suk taught me how to make a simple and DELICIOUS Korean lunch. I'll definitely make it when we get home!

Then this evening we went to a nearby village (I forgot the name!) where they have an evening market. It's awesome!! So many people come from everywhere with their friends and family to these evening markets where they buy their fresh food (meat, cheese, vegies, fruit, wine, crepes, bread, etc, etc, etc!!!!!!) and there are about 6 or 7 hot charcoal barbeques just ready and waiting for all to cook whatever they bought right then and there. It's so much fun! While people are eating, people mill around and some meander to the outdoor stage area while a live band (complete with a professional accordianist.... accordianist?... hmmm....) anyway, plays while we eat and dance! Ava was quite the little charmer... dancing and waving her arms all around- she was definitely getting her OWN show in! I've been so impressed with AvaRoo- she's been so happy and content out here. Patient and FUN and soooo outgoing- which isn't to say that Ava's not USUALLY great, but I worried about her being shy or unfriendly for NOTHING! She's getting so much love and affection here that I'm sure she'll go through some serious withdrawal when we go back to our hum-drum life. I Just LOVE this girl!

Tres Jolie-Love the bows, Ava!

This is the scrumptios lunch Hi Suk taught me how to make.... so good!

It's her own adaptation.... Hi Suk LOVES vegies and fresh food (thank goodness!)

Another AMAZING, WONDERFUL, DELICIOUS, OUT OF THIS WORLD PEACH TARTE!!! Now, I've had a few requests for the recipe for tartes and unfortunately these are not homemade... we buy them at the bakery whenever we go into Brive for a shopping trip. But TRUST ME, if I score a recipe...... it'll cost ya!

At the Market.... caught Taylor off guard!

Fresh Strawberries (I know, I didn't have to tell you that!)

Some bread

more bread (we bought this kind- perfection! Crusty on the outside, soft and chewy inside)

Market

Cheese! I'm starting to really love cheese with every meal... hard habit to break when we get home!

Bread and Pate.... really really GOOD Pate

We BBQ'd some beef kabobs-- surprisingly, I don't miss beef at all, give me DUCK! quack quack

This cheese (I'm sorry, I forgot the name... again) was so good. The creamier, the BETTER! French people love when their cheese "runs".

Ava LOVES her fruit!

Band... I especially loved watching these two dance... very cute!


Jean Claude and Taylor-- just watching!
Ava dancing and making friends

Then she wanders off and finds a new ride

Hi Suk loves to follow Ava around (patient as a Buddist Monk, that woman!) We love it-- I'm "BabyFree" for a whole month!!! WEEEEEEEE!!!! Ava gets all the attention a little girl could ask for. And Hi Suk is one Proud Grandmere!
Dancing to Spanish Polka!

End the night with a beautiful sunset!

3 comments:

Rachel Holloway said...

One thing I love about your trip is that it isn't sll touristy...you are seeing and doing all things off the beaten path and I think it is FABULOUS!

Michelle said...

All the food looks so delicious!!! Too bad you can't take that home for everyone to try. Ava hair is getting so long--I love it!

Jay and Barb said...

It is so cool that you are sharing all of this wonderful trip with us. I can almoat pretend that I am there, not really, but I am a bit envious that I am not there. It all looks so incredible.