Ava enjoyed it, but wasn't as GIDDY as I was... I was practically running from animal to animal, taking pictures, reading all of the signs, and repeating "oh look, look!!! over here, right here! LOOOK!!!" (maybe I was confused, since I now realize that everyone WAS looking... that's what you DO at a zoo! I feel so foolish).
Watching Ava and Taylor all day just reminded me how absolutely in LOVE I am with my family. It was just so sweet watching the two of them laugh and point and cuddle- Ava would point to something, look up to T to make sure he's also looking and when he would say, "Wow, that's cool!" she'd get this great little expression on her face like, "Yes! I just impressed my dad". I really don't think there's anything better than watching a Dad with his Baby Girl.
Here are some (I took soooo many) pictures of our day.
For some reason, Ava insists on trying to look EVERY SINGLE animal she comes across RIGHT IN THE EYES... but this little goat wasn't having any of it
Okay, Okay... I'll just settle for a good back rub though
Quick, staring contest...
Lion and the Lioness (she was hiding behind him)
Since the tiger was nowhere to be found... we improvised.
She really got a kick out of all of the birds
We took a quick break and watched a small animal show that the zoo put on. Ava loved it!
The monkeys were going CRAZY and Ava was mimicking them- but it looks like she's just plugging her ears here!
It took Ava a little bit to realize that the glass there- to protect the monkeys!
Cute Fellas
The three of them just checking each other out
Taylor stole the camera and insisted he take a couple pictures of Ava and I (I deleted most of them, sorry T!)
Snake Charmer and Baby Charmer
This Brave Bird came SO CLOSE to us and Ava was tickled pink about it! Notice Taylor holding her back!!
Water break... it was HOT
One of the very few times I could get a picture of the two of them without Taylor holding Ava. She's just too darn FAST!
Look Dad
Great Day
Later that evening... going to the park
9 comments:
That looks like such a fun zoo! I love that they get to get close to the animals. I also am lovin Ava's twin pigtails!
Maybe by staring all the animals right in the eye, Eva was establishing she was Alpha! If she did that to me, I'd totally back down.
I love the zoo! The staring contest was hilarious. I'm so glad you caught that on camera it totally made me day, I was laughing so hard! Also, Ava mimicking the monkeys, so funny! Usually the zoo is more for the children but it sounds like you all had such a blast!
OOOHH! my girl's got pigtails :) I LOVE that she was looking the animals in the eye! that just seems straight-up-Ava.... so flipping cute! btw- I'm diggin' T's new specs--forgot to tell him that while y'all were here. loves to you and your family :)
ok, so we have been out of town in San Diego for the 4th and I haven't been able to get on a computer! I love these pics! Wait, IF has a Zoo? are you serious? did I know this? Ava is just getting cuter and cuter and look at your hair~ so long!! I love the pics of the farm. I'm so glad you guys had a great vacation with a good baby! We want to see you guys so bad...oh well...blogging will just have to be good enough for the time being!
what a cool thing to do with birthday money!! FUN MEMORIES FOR SURE! :) I remember taking Jenna to the zoo for the first time. I too was the EXCITED parent-- :) Don't you worry, your love of animals will shine through. Just give it a few years! :)
Question is: Who won the staring contest? (ha ha). You got some great pictures too - Ava is hilarious! I love the pic of you & Taylor - Ava has cute parents! :D
Looks like a ton of fun! Man I should take Carson to the zoo...I think I will wait until its not 110 plus here in Vegas though!
You guys are such good parents- Everytime I look at your blog you are out letting Ava experience so many fun things. I haven't yet ventured out to the zoo with all 4 children...I will really have to work myself up for it :) Looks like you all had so much fun!
Post a Comment